Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I am running to Vegas on my way to San Diego, leaving the first dry day after Dec 25th. I am aiming for it to be a 20 hour drive (google is claiming 30 hour), so I need to average around 95mph. After doing a few cross country road rallies, that shouldn't be too big of an issue. :headbang:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...368870165540281.000497161288a01b8038c&t=h&z=5

Now here's the kicker, the quickest route is the 80 to the 70, through the mountains. Which wouldn't be an issue in most vehicles. Unfortunately I am going to be in the Viper. :crazy:

I can drive it in snow, but it can't be deep or it needs to be ruts so that I can bounce the car between them and stay on the highway. :faint2:

I need some help in regards to the current weather on the 70 around the 26th or 27th of December. So that I can bail south or speed up, depending on the weather.

Anybody down to help?

Nick

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The I-25/40 route is my back up. But I would prefer to go through Colorado, just if there is a lot of snow, I have to avoid it at all costs.

Nick

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, that's why I want to have some contact with people in the area. So while I'm en route I can get updates on how the area is. We all know how quickly weather can change from the forecast.

Nick

1 - 4 of 4 Posts