Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently attending Arizona State University in Tempe Arizona and have come to the conclusion that finding a job here other than at a mall or department store is a complete shot in the dark. (And getting a job there has even proven hard as I have tryed!)

So here is my plea, if there is anyone out there looking for any type of part time help near Tempe in any area I am here and willing to WORK!! I absolutely love cars and motorcycles and spend more hours in a day on this site reading and learning and dreaming about some of the amazing machines everyone here has. This site has truly been an inspiration to me and is a daily motivation to better myself and work harder. I am also very interested in real estate and commercial development and hope to one day make this my career, so a job in any area concerning this would be a godsend to me.

I understand that asking for things is somewhat frowned upon on this site however I am desperate at this point and reaching out to try and find work in any way I can. If anyone has any sort of opportunity or even a contact to help me it would be more appreciated than you will ever know.

Sincerely,

A broke ass college kid realizing how much college really costs

A.k.a. Charlie

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I know how feel bro. I'm at ASU too, the east campus though.

Good luck with finding a job!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Go work for David Freedman :lol: owner of tempe12.com

Seriously, don't give up. Keep striving to be successful and eventually you'll get there.

Best of luck to both of you

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
I did some work here, but the people that I know there are upper engineers....

Kahala

its in scottsdale

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Seriously, don't give up. Keep striving to be successful and eventually you'll get there.

Haha yea no thanks. I personally think that whole company is a joke and from what I have heard he doesn't pay his employees or something like that. Sorry but I dont plan to work for free unless it is gonna benefit my future and I doubt that will. Might get some free ass out of it though lol

Thanks I appreciate it, I've always dreamed big and its time I start making the moves to make it reality someday.

I did some work here, but the people that I know there are upper engineers....

Kahala

its in scottsdale
Thanks I'll check it out. Not sure I am smart enough to work alongside people like that but anyone can be a contact or least a friend. Thanks

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
They all develop the POS stuff, so to even contact them would be of no good.

But I know that they where hiring recently, so who knows. It is a very large company, and have great benefits. Plus you get free ice cream

·
Registered
6,205 Posts
You might want to consider working for the military as a civilian (meaning you don't join, just work alongside). It's a tad far, but I know Fort Huachuca is always hiring college graduates to help with lower level management and research. I'm sure the military installations in Tempe are hiring.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You might want to consider working for the military as a civilian (meaning you don't join, just work alongside). It's a tad far, but I know Fort Huachuca is always hiring college graduates to help with lower level management and research. I'm sure the military installations in Tempe are hiring.

Hmmmm I'll have to look into that. One of my roommates is actually in ROTC so I'll see if he knows anything about this. I am still in school however (Junior year) so not sure that would work. Should have mentioned that in my first post gonna fix that. Thank you though I'll look into it

Anyone else got some ideas??

·
Registered
41 Posts

Don't get me started on Freedman.

As an ASU alum and perspective grad student I can tell you that my major itself did not directly relate to my current career. However, I learned many things in my undergrad that can be applied to business in general.

ASU does have a Realty Studies program (ASU's Polytechnic campus: Arizona Real Estate Center). How about perusing our real estate license while attending school? Good Luck.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm also at ASU in Tempe.

I also had a hard time finding a job, I had some problems meshing a work schedule with my school schedule, so just said forget it, and focused more on school.

One thing you could try out is on the myasu page is go to Careers & ___ (I forget what the other one is) and try to find something from ASU, they work with your schedule too.

EDIT: Wow, sorry I guess I like bumping old threads.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts