Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Firstly, im not sure if i have the right section, but i have a rather specific requirement of a coffee machine.

I dont drink cups of coffee, i drink big 7 inch tall cups, which i make using 2/3 of milk (special lactose free milk) + an inch of sweetner (im on a diet) which i microwave for 1 min, and then i add 1/3 of coffee. This is absolutely lovely its like having a hot frescato.

I currently have a Krups perculator, so you add grinded coffee to it and water and it filters it which is great. But this comes with some downpoints, that it does enough for 10 1/3's but by the time you drink 6 the coffee is stale. It has a hotplate and keeps it really warm though.

Anyway the krups just broke and doesnt work at all other than the power light coming on. I have a spare £300 / $550? expendable and im thinking this will get me a great coffee machine. But having looked on amazon all the coffee machines are bean-cup and only sized for normal cups which are 1/3 smaller than the cup I use. Technically i could make my concoction and then pour it from the small cup into my big one, but it seems like a bit of a hassle. But then this system would give me fresh coffee on demand, as i understand they only grind enough for one cup per go ?

I want to upgrade to a bean system anyway as pre ground coffee can never be as fresh as beans, sometimes its been stored for a few months before even shipping to the UK!

This is the size of mug I use

And this is the only sort of system I can find within budget:

Any suggestions would be appreciated :)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Nesspresso

I have this machine in my office and it is great within your budget and uses the pods for a fresh cup of coffee as you need or a shot of expresso. They have many different coffee's to choose from mail them directly to you quickly.

At home I have a built in Miele machine that is the bomb but over $2K

1 - 3 of 3 Posts