Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking between picking up an F430 or Gallardo.

Ive been trying to do my research when it comes to maintenance as I think I would be using the vehicle a little more often than just weekend driving.

From what I have gathered, it seems the Gallardo clutch lasts 15-20k miles depending on year, give or take.

What could I expect from an F430 and replacement costs as they come up?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any clue on how many miles you could expect to get out of them?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Easily twice as many as OEM on the Dual Friction assemblies. Better handling of PIS, as well.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I have around 10k miles on my f430 Scuderia and I just serviced it. Clutch was in excellent shape so I don't see myself needing a new one anytime soon. I drive that car pretty damn hard too.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have around 10k miles on my f430 Scuderia and I just serviced it. Clutch was in excellent shape so I don't see myself needing a new one anytime soon. I drive that car pretty damn hard too.
Thank you, good to know.. makes me feel better lol

Most 07s that I see usually say they have around 60% clutch left with around 7-8k miles.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
clutch life isn't that different between 430 and gallardo actually. both cars can get at least 30k miles if driven properly and not in city traffic. clutch job is $5-8k depending if you go to a dealer vs indept shop.

in the land of exotics, that's pretty reasonable.

ferrari dealers take 2-3x longer to get parts for some reason. gallardo parts are easy to get, usually takes 3-5 days tops instead of 1-2 weeks. there are more ferrari dealers than lambo dealers.

so it's a wash as far as maintenance. gallardo is more reliable.

i would decide which to buy based on which drives and sounds better to you. the philosophy between the two brands are vastly different (finesse vs brute). what's interesting is that gallardo has more modern features such as rear cam, nav, front lift, and its interior is of higher craftsmanship.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have driven a gallardo, but didnt like that there was no power under 3k rpm.

I have yet to drive an F430, so I'll have to see how that turns out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts