Luxury4Play.com banner

CLS 63 AMG vs Panamera Turbo S vs Audi RS7 vs BMW M6 Gran Coupe vs Aston Martin Rapide - which one t

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!
If you'd have to buy one of the sport 4-door coupes - which one would you choose, and why?
CLS 63 AMG vs Panamera Turbo S vs Audi RS7 vs BMW M6 Gran Coupe vs Aston Martin Rapide - all of them are great cars, but which one you think is the best?
Thanks.
2014-porsche-panamera-audi-rs7-mercedes-benz-cls63-amg-front-three-quarters.jpg

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
I would probably go with M6 ( love Audis but don't like a7 body style)

·
Registered
60 Posts
First world problems!
The Rapide is the hands down the most beautiful. The Turbo is the only one I have had the opportunity to drive. I love the front view, side profile is acceptable, but the rear is just plain ugly. With all that taken into consideration, the turbo would still be my number one choice for a daily. The car was a dream to drive both on the street and at the track.
If the car is a weekend warrior, the Rapide would be my choice, it’s so damn sexy.

Manny

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
CLS63. I'm an american muscle guy and the Mercedes AMGs are the equivalent while being extremely refined and comfy. German muscle all day :p Plus, it looks the best ;)

·
Registered
403 Posts
BMW M6 Gran Coupe gets my vote for no other reason than I like the looks of it the best out of those.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
First world problems!
The Rapide is the hands down the most beautiful. The Turbo is the only one I have had the opportunity to drive. I love the front view, side profile is acceptable, but the rear is just plain ugly. With all that taken into consideration, the turbo would still be my number one choice for a daily. The car was a dream to drive both on the street and at the track.
If the car is a weekend warrior, the Rapide would be my choice, it’s so damn sexy.

Manny
Yeah, I like the look of the Rapide (the Astons are one of the sexiest cars), but comparing to others it is the most problematic one...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'd put both the M6GC and the RS7 at the top spot for me. Since I haven't driven either, I'd say a test-drive would be the deciding factor.. What the butt-dyno feels is better, I guess..

The AM Rapide gets bronze simply because of sex. That's what the Rapide is to my eyes. Lots and lots of sex. Don't know about the drive, but I do know that the interior is a bit dated for my taste, and the tech toys aren't up to par with it's fellow German rivals.

Next follows the CLS63, I don't have much love for it's looks, but I heard it pulls like a freight-train, which is nice. (Just FYI, the shooting-brake variant makes my pants tight.)

Then the Porsche, for which I have some irrational dislike. Something doesn't feel right about it. I like the interior a lot though! Again, can't comment on the drive.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yesterday took a drive in the Rapide. Mixed impressions...
The car looks phenomenal - it's the best looking so-called "4-door coupe" by far, imho. But inside... All that cheap plastic, strange nav, and uneven quality of the interior makes it look like a pre-production car, especially after the insides of Panamera and CLS. If to buy one, the first thing to do is to fully mod the interior. And this is sad. (
PS - it drives fantastic!

·
Registered
553 Posts
CLS63 classy and sporty and can drift.

Reactions: chidoks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Own a rs7, i was debating whether the cls or that... rs7... is a beast mine has, milltek exhaust, ETG tuned, and downpipes soon

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Of those sedans, If it fits your stable, the Tesla.
I took a test drive in it. Actually, in terms of luxury, refinement, interior quality and available options it's no match for other cars in list. Yes, it's innovative, dynamic (if not to consider the top speed), with an interesting huge display on console, but for its price it lacks a lot of options usual for premium cars. Just open the door and compare what you see inside a Tesla and a CLS or RS7. It's a huge difference in style, options, and most of all - in the quality of the materials used...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts