Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Anyone wanna take a guess at what Boat #11 (11th from the top) is?

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
I was at the factory when the red MTI was being built.. I think I have pics of it in its original glass.. Very pretty boat.. Not too crazy on the paint, but a big MTI fan nonetheless.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Albert Haynesworth (tennessee Titans defensive tackle turned washington redskins) owned that boat first. Now a guy named Ken Armstrong out of Texas owns it and runs it at the poker runs.. Its a great lookin boat.. Notice the motors say 1025 instead of 1075sci...

His new boat has a predator/attack helicopter/machine/shi*talking theme to it.. But after having signed a $115m contract with the redskins, I guess you can get a little "flamboyant"

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
He's right, Statement Marine. They have REALLY hit the poker run circuit hard this year. Im not sure of ANY big run they havent made a showing at.

I mean, hell, they brought their TURBINE cat to our lake (Grand Lake, Oklahoma) this year. I got to spend sometime visiting with them and talking about their boats. They are some of the most approachable and easy-to-talk-to guys youve ever met.

Look at it like this, if someone were to walk up to Reggie Fountain and start asking the whole "how fast and how much" questions, he would talk to the first 2 or 3 non-buyers and walk away.. But these guys will stick around and answer every question that every 9 year old kid can come up with and will let them walk all over the boat and actually sit in the seats..

Great marketing, great product and very VERY innovative engineering. Take a look at their engine hatch hinges if you wanna see "state of the art" design...

Not to mention the fact that they are the only manufacturer that has attempted an air-ride cockpit. Its been a big selling point for them. A lot of the guys who run these boats (at the level it costs to build one!) are starting to get some age behind them, and after a lifetime of back injuries from runnin hard in big water, an air-ride cockpit has bigtime benefits for them..

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a few more pics of the 2 boats they had there. You can see a little of the hinges waterboy is referring to.

50' Cat interior

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
He's right, Statement Marine. They have REALLY hit the poker run circuit hard this year. Im not sure of ANY big run they havent made a showing at.

I mean, hell, they brought their TURBINE cat to our lake (Grand Lake, Oklahoma) this year. I got to spend sometime visiting with them and talking about their boats. They are some of the most approachable and easy-to-talk-to guys youve ever met.

Look at it like this, if someone were to walk up to Reggie Fountain and start asking the whole "how fast and how much" questions, he would talk to the first 2 or 3 non-buyers and walk away.. But these guys will stick around and answer every question that every 9 year old kid can come up with and will let them walk all over the boat and actually sit in the seats..

Great marketing, great product and very VERY innovative engineering. Take a look at their engine hatch hinges if you wanna see "state of the art" design...

Not to mention the fact that they are the only manufacturer that has attempted an air-ride cockpit. Its been a big selling point for them. A lot of the guys who run these boats (at the level it costs to build one!) are starting to get some age behind them, and after a lifetime of back injuries from runnin hard in big water, an air-ride cockpit has bigtime benefits for them..
Sounds like some nice guys. :)

How would you compare Statement vs. MTI?

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Sounds like some nice guys. :)

How would you compare Statement vs. MTI?
So far statement hasnt entered a boat that would be a direct competitor to the MTI. Theyve only made one cat and theyre still workin all the quirks out of it.. Itll be right on par with the MTI, but still yet to be proven int he really rough offshore races...

·
Registered
347 Posts
Nice pics!

I missed this event bc I was at Petit Le Mans in Atl but I'd like to go to the power boat races in Key West that are coming up in Nov... went a few years ago. Power boats + no open container laws = awesome.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I love the Statement marine boats. I mean credit where its due... (and I can't say I know much about the offshore boats) but its seems like they are one of the few thats making actually innovation in design and production of boats these days. The air ride concept is flat out awesome and I gotta believe that makes a BIG difference in the rough stuff.

And it sounds like their great guys to boot. Props to them!

·
Registered
625 Posts
I love the Statement marine boats. I mean credit where its due... (and I can't say I know much about the offshore boats) but its seems like they are one of the few thats making actually innovation in design and production of boats these days. The air ride concept is flat out awesome and I gotta believe that makes a BIG difference in the rough stuff.

And it sounds like their great guys to boot. Props to them!
Agreed. I never talked to the guys but I did see one of the boats at the St. Pete Grand Prix last year. It was the most beautiful, best sounding, and fastest boats I have ever seen. It was the kind of boat that you could pull up to any marina in the world and turn heads.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts