Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My father is ready to purchase a new piece. He wants a thin watch to wear around and is very particular about that. He first looked at the Cartier Ronde Louis, but I finally convinced him that the diamonds on the piece made the watch look to feminine. The only other watch I could suggest to him was the Piaget Altiplano ( White gold ultra-thin mechanical watch - Piaget Luxury Watch G0A33112 ). We're going this weekend to look at a few shops, but after seeing the pictures, he was in love! To my watch gurus out there, do you have any other recommendations? Budget is not to exceed $20k, and they must be thin! Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
JLC Ultra Thin if he's looking for a classic dress watch.

A Lange & Sohne 1815 is another fantastic choice, but again, pretty dressy.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JLC Ultra Thin if he's looking for a classic dress watch.

A Lange & Sohne 1815 is another fantastic choice, but again, pretty dressy.
Excellent suggestion, we're going to look around for the Ultra Thin as well. The Lange, though one of my favorites, is a little thicker than what he had wanted. We were at Wempe in NY and saw the A Lange & Sohne display, he loved the watch, but was just a tad hefty compared to what he was looking for.

Cellini models are pretty thin and clean
He likes the Cellini, but I think he's trying to get away from getting another Rolex.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Excellent suggestion, we're going to look around for the Ultra Thin as well. The Lange, though one of my favorites, is a little thicker than what he had wanted. We were at Wempe in NY and saw the A Lange & Sohne display, he loved the watch, but was just a tad hefty compared to what he was looking for.
Though I prefer the JLC the Zenith Elite Ultra Thin is worth a look too.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
The Lange, though one of my favorites, is a little thicker than what he had wanted.
Only 8.9mm thick..he is looking real thin.

·
Registered
235 Posts
The Piaget Altiplano is a great watch for the money. Anything in the classique line from Breguet is solid too. Any of the Calatravas are good too, just tough to source right now

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
I agree with Mike on the JLC Ultra Thin. I believe they are available in two sizes. The manual wind is a smaller dial, and automatic is a little larger. Depending on his wrist size, and preference you will have a classic.

·
Registered
725 Posts
This is the holy grail of the ultra thin watches....

Richard Mille RM-17 tourbillon.

But then you will need one more zero at the back of your budget to get one. Just an option, who knows you might be able to poison your dad to get it hehehehe.....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts