Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I saw the excitement on AMG Fan's thread about his W124 coupe and thought some may appreciate my latest car.

My previous daily was this 996... loved it dearly and had many plans for it, but unfortunately ended up wrecking it.

So, on to my 1997 C36 AMG. The C36 was the last pre-merger AMG. Still not as legitimate (in my eyes) as the old AMGs like the Hammer, but still a decent claim to fame. It has the same straight 6 as AMG Fan's car (M104), although hand-built at the old AMG plant and bored to 3.6l. They put out a pretty decent 275 hp, more than the US spec M3 at the time. Mine came pretty stock, however the previous owner did fit the updated C43 AMG bodykit on it.

I drove daily drove it pretty hard, it has over 100k now. Lots of regular maintenance, installed lowering springs and new Bilstein shocks. Found these 3 piece Leon Hardiritt wheels and threw them on, and that's where she's at today.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was sold through dealers and they were in talks, but it was theoretically pre-merger (the merge was completed in 1999). Mercedes shipped completed C280s to AMG and they stripped them down and modified them from that point, just as the older true AMGs were built. The C43 was the first car to be entirely AMG built.

Nice car,

I thought the C36 was the first post merge (merc buy in) model sold directly through Mercedes dealers? Was over here.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Bravo!

Reactions: mtm_motors
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.