Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The car is in the final stages. I cant wait to get it. Here are some pics i took this morning. I had these wheels made for the car but they are not the look i was aiming for so I ordered a different set yesterday that Asanti is custom making. The lip on the back wheel is NOT NEARLY wide enough for this car (your thoughts are appreciate, post them!).

The Wald kit is beautiful. The 3 side fins on the bottom of the front spoiler was added by us. The stock AMG spoiler has them but Wald doesn't. We also added the Euro LED's to the front.

I spoke to a few people on the board about doing the work. The person I ended up using sells a lot of DMC products so I decided to return the business and let him to the work. He did a beautiful job. The paint is flawless, the body parts line up beautifully and his customizing work was perfect.

I also did the full Renntech conversion. ECU, TCU, Air box, Inercooler pump and lowering module. The module is the new touch screen version. I will post pictures later. You basically touch the picture of the wheels you want to raise or lower and hit up or down and it makes all the adjustments. It works beautiful and it is very easy to use. (Even for me :clap:)

We changed the exhaust and the car sounds incredible. It doesn't sound like any other car I've heard. Very tough sounding. Might be a bit louder then I expected but I don't understand the meaning of "enough"!

I'm looking forward to the new wheels. I really blew it when I ordered these. They belong on a 4 door sedan (i think :confused:)!

The only thing we have left is the stereo.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,770 Posts
looks good wheels like you said need to go. Would love to see it in person Like how the rear looks real mean Enjoy it. When do u think it will all be setup? led look good

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
i would...

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was thinking these.

I will be going with Asanti as I have a good relationship with them. Due to the large Caliper the CL65 has, there are very few wheels that cat be made with a decent size lip. Most can only have a 3" lip in the rear.

Attachments

·
Registered
158 Posts
You are doing something right when the fully decked out CL doesn't even make it onto the line-up in your signature! Congrats! :bow1:

·
Registered
7,271 Posts
looks BALLER.....those rims are just a tad off though like you said...

i bet that thing will be a JOY to drive:bow1:

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
you always did like crazy rims on your cars! looks awesome, post a vid, i'd love to hear that super mean exhaust.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
dont you already have the asantis on your murc?

I kinda like the current setup....how does the speed of this car with all the goodies compare to the better half's batmobile? incase I get caught running one around here. :D

·
Banned
3,661 Posts
looks very nice but im not feeling the wheels.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Looks slick Gino... I love that car!

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Damn hot, except the LED's on the front only because they aren't the same light color as the fogs right above them. If you ever want pics or videos of your cars hit me up. I live on Federal HWY and see your cars ALL the time.

·
Registered
816 Posts
love it but I prefer the first asanti's over those. I see the ones you are interested in on practically every Challenger in the world. I know why you chose them though because Asanti's extended lip technology only applies to a few sets of wheels. If the huge lip is a must though, I would say maybe the ELT406 or the 144's. But your car, and it is gonna look INSANE either way!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Your second choice of wheels are horrible please dont ruin this beautfiull car with those wheels. You should really stay away asantis ive had 2 sets and they have honestly been garbage they always have a problem with the lip and barrell for some reason they are never sealed properly and always end up leaking. I think you should go with some nice HREs to give it a aggressive look. This is all my opinion its your car and you should do what you like. Good Luck and nice car......

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Your second choice of wheels are horrible please dont ruin this beautfiull car with those wheels. You should really stay away asantis ive had 2 sets and they have honestly been garbage they always have a problem with the lip and barrell for some reason they are never sealed properly and always end up leaking. I think you should go with some nice HREs to give it a aggressive look. This is all my opinion its your car and you should do what you like. Good Luck and nice car......
I understand what you're saying. Because of the size and shape caliper on the CL65 the rim selection is very small if you want over a 3" lip. I have Asantis on 3 or 4 of my cars now and have had many others. I have had issues with leaking where the back and front or the wheels meet but that is not an Asanti issue, it's a 3 piece wheel issue.
I don't think any wheel manufacture is perfect.
Asanti does sttand behind their stuff.
I don't like these wheels which they custom made for me and they are taking them back and giving me a full credit.

As for the wheel I pictured, it's one of 3 that will work. I did these same wheels on my Yellow Murci and always liked them. I have not made the final decision.
If anyone has any pictures of a hot wheel ON A CL65, please post it. I have been looking for options and here are not many out there.

Here are the Asantis on the yellow Murci.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 42 Posts