Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm considering jumping into a 2010 M6 and trading in my 2009 CL63. Anyone have some insight? Preferably someone who went from an AMG to an M, however open to everyone's opinion. :bow1:

Currently looking for a 2010 BMW M6 in white / black. Found one so far and am still on the fence.

Thanks in advance.

(P.S. - I gave up on the 997 Turbo hunt :()

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
i would stick with the amg just in my opinion better car. but thats just me

·
Premium Member
3,708 Posts
Do it

You wont be dissapointed in the performance or ability to mod it beyond belief.

·
Registered
583 Posts
stick to AMG imho! my pops loves his and has driven all the german biggies(porsche/M/AMG) and still stands by the merc. Ive also seen the two stacked up and the CL by technical standards is > the M6. I will say if it was a M3 vs a C63 you cant go wrong the M3 is just as good if not better than AMG. With CL63 vs M6 though.. you know the answer already :D let us know what your final decision is though and good luck making it.

btw have you thought about any mods for your CL other than the wheels i see on yours?(they look sick fyi) getting a slight drop/new tires/suspension mods can turn the CL63 into ALOT more than just a sick GT car ;)

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
So I'm considering jumping into a 2010 M6 and trading in my 2009 CL63. Anyone have some insight? Preferably someone who went from an AMG to an M, however open to everyone's opinion. :bow1:

Currently looking for a 2010 BMW M6 in white / black. Found one so far and am still on the fence.

Thanks in advance.

(P.S. - I gave up on the 997 Turbo hunt :()
why are you always looking to downgrade. :D

·
14,490 Posts
I've had the chance to drive both. The BMW had far better handling. But the 63 felt much more powerful. If your open to other suggestions. And wan't a bmw still. Try the E60 M5 over the M6... M5 weighs less and really handles better believe it or not...

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very interesting comments. I appreciate all the responses. Thank you! I have considered modding the CL63. If I keep it, I am going to do an exhaust system, ECU tune and cold air intake. I will be lowering the car as well. I do love the idea of the M and how mod-friendly they are. Maybe I will keep the CL and do the mods for now. If I'm still unhappy....well....then I'm shit out of luck. Keep the replies coming. Haha!

Side note, I have considered the E60 M5 as well. I just don't know about going to the sedan. Who knows? Maybe I will wrap my car flat black as well.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
I would think the M and the Amg would be equally mod friendly being that they are both naturally aspirated.
what makes the M more mod friendly compared to the cl63?

have you considered an cl600 or cl65? I know that they are mod monsters being that theyare turbochagred.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would think the M and the Amg would be equally mod friendly being that they are both naturally aspirated.
what makes the M more mod friendly compared to the cl63?

have you considered an cl600 or cl65? I know that they are mod monsters being that theyare turbochagred.
You are right. I think the M's are just more mod-friendly because there are more options in aftermarket parts for them. I can definitely mod the CL63 plenty. That may be the best option. I have considered a CL65. Don't really think it is worth the extra money and I don't like how quiet it is. The CL600 is ok, but I prefer the styling cues and sound of the AMG.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Why don't you ask Yacht Lights to test drive his when you go down for Festivals of Speed? They both look appealing, and I bet you're just a bit bored and want a change.

But remember, it's cheaper to keep her.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Why don't you ask Yacht Lights to test drive his when you go down for Festivals of Speed? They both look appealing, and I bet you're just a bit bored and want a change.

But remember, it's cheaper to keep her.
I could always do that, but I think you nailed it man. I get bored very easily. The CL is a fun car to drive, but I'm used to it now. I think modding it a bit will make it a lot more fun. :clap: It is cheaper to keep her and mod her then get something new.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Tough question...I'd have to say M6 if it were up to me but only if it were a stick the CL does seem a little faster though just not as much of a sports car

·
Registered
125 Posts
Manual Transmission FTW

·
Registered
742 Posts
My family owns both, here is the bottom line.

CL63
If you step on the fun pedal, in a straight line, the AMG is perfect.
If you use the tiptronic, its horrible downshifting.
Comfortable seats.
It looks great, classy, and a little sporty.
It is much less moddable than the M6.

M6
It is crazy fast, but work the paddles.
It has much better handling.
Sportier (yet harder) seats.
Much more moddable, cosmetically and performance.

Both of them share great looks, great performance, and a hefty price tag.

But both are great machines.

(I prefer the M6)

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I'd keep the Merc or get at least a Bentley.

M cars are awesome but CL is more baller :blingbling:

·
Registered
116 Posts
No one's commenting on the SMG tranny. Is it pretty hard to drive smooth? I have a DCT M3 and I love it, not sure how I'd feel about the SMG in M6, never drove it.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My family owns both, here is the bottom line.

CL63
If you step on the fun pedal, in a straight line, the AMG is perfect.
If you use the tiptronic, its horrible downshifting.
Comfortable seats.
It looks great, classy, and a little sporty.
It is much less moddable than the M6.

M6
It is crazy fast, but work the paddles.
It has much better handling.
Sportier (yet harder) seats.
Much more moddable, cosmetically and performance.

Both of them share great looks, great performance, and a hefty price tag.

But both are great machines.

(I prefer the M6)
Thank you very much. This is a tough little predicament. However, my trade-in value is not looking good on the CL right now. Lol. :lol:

1 - 20 of 62 Posts