Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I quit cigarettes about 8 months ago and have really begun to appreciate the taste and aroma of a cigars. Im looking for some recommendations on good cigars with deep and full or rich flavor. I'm pretty new to the world of cigars as a whole and would welcome any suggestion towards a more refined smoke!

Thanks in advance, I really appreciate the advice.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
I'm not a huge cigar aficionado like some of the guys on here so I'm just gonna list some of my favorites: Pretty much any Oliva, Padron, or cohiba

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What did you get?
I ended up trying tw0 of their sampler packs, I'm definetly excited. Checked out this and this. Thanks again for the recommendation!

I'm not a huge cigar aficionado like some of the guys on here so I'm just gonna list some of my favorites: Pretty much any Oliva, Padron, or cohiba
And agreed, I've had cohiba's before. I was going to my local cigar shop for a few but it seems to be occupied exclusively by assholes and depending on who's working they don't take credit cards.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
If I could recommend AGAINST anything it would be ACID, or infused cigars. While you new to cigar smoking a lot of people tend to gravitate towards infused cigars but they are just doing damage to themselves in developing a taste for a really good, 'natural' cigar. Start off with mild to medium strength cigars and as you smoke these you will notice you pick up new flavors. move on the medium and full bodied cigars once you feel comfortable with picking out nuances and flavors in the tobacco. Until you have worked your way up to being able to pick out the wide variety of flavors in different tobaccos youll never really appreciate a fine cigar. I have seen too many people go out and spend a ton of money on expensive cigars only to say to me "that wasn't that great..." and they are turned off immediately. When I started cigar smoking i started a little notebook of the cigars I was smoking. I wrote down the date, time of day and what I was having to drink with it. I taped the band to the page and kept notes on every third of the cigar. I wrote down what flavors i was tasting and my general thoughts on it. Every 15 mins or so I would write a brief little description. I began to recognize different flavors and I would revisit the cigars I thought were good a few months later to see if I still felt the same way.

I remember a friend gave me a Padron (non-anniversary) and i made my little notes on it. I thought it was pretty bad. Didnt care for it at all.....fast forward years and it is one of my go-to smokes if i just want to have a nice, decent smoke.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I remember a friend gave me a Padron (non-anniversary) and i made my little notes on it. I thought it was pretty bad. Didnt care for it at all.....fast forward years and it is one of my go-to smokes if i just want to have a nice, decent smoke.
Thanks for the advice, thats a great way of keeping track. I don't do anything aromatic or anything of that type, I keep flavored tobacco in my hookah. Any recommendations on something full flavored with a big body would be very welcome. I enjoy cigars best that have a flavor that completely fills the mouth if that makes sense.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a small humidor but its only big enough for 15 - 20 cigars. I'll probably be looking to upgrade that in the next few months as well. I've seen a lot of them made of some great burls but yet again, I don't really know what I'm looking for in terms of quality as I'm fairly new to the cigar scene. Thanks for the recommendation, after I get through the current crop I ordered I'll try those out!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts