·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Just watched it on YouTube speechless!

·
Registered
848 Posts
Ohhhhhh I need this.

I thought Chris' review was more technical but TGs was a little more entertaining. Man I cant wait to see this car in person.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Re: supercars...Chris will always go into the true petrolhead anorak mode, while Jeremy tends to wax lyrical with jokes abound. Both say what they mean, albeit in much different delivery styles.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Re: supercars...Chris will always go into the true petrolhead anorak mode, while Jeremy tends to wax lyrical with jokes abound. Both say what they mean, albeit in much different delivery styles.
Chris: *All serious and clinical* "This car has been around the world. Through the desert, the Arctic Circle, hot and cold..."

Jeremy: "Oh really?" *Looks at the BBC film crew with his 12-year-old boy grin* "Well, Chris, lets put the theory into practice shall we?"

James: "Aaaaand here we go."

Yes the Top Gear gang can be rather silly at times but they're the only guys that would try things a REAL guy would do in a super car--Things like going from 0 to 100 in fifth gear in a Corvette ZR1 or racing up a twisty mountain road in a Rolls Royce Ghost.

Nice try. But the fact that they spent the majority of this film driving this car at 20mph or just stood there and looked at it was very painful.

Yes, yes, yes I know.

"Insurance purposes."

I'd rather you just park the car in a tunnel and rev it up a few times. It'd be more entertaining than listing to a 903HP super car sputter down the highway like one of those carry on luggage-sized smart cars.

By the way, 3.8 liters of ANYTHING has been my favorite engine for DECADES on top of DECADES.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
I'm glad McLaren is punishing the car like that in the extremes. That's how all new cars in production should be field tested *cough infiniti Q50 cough*

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you for fixing that, lol original video you had linked was not the P1
LOL, you musta' been quick. I have a few links copied and pasted the wrong one.

Reactions: vtiracing08

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
The LaFerrari just doesn't do it for me like the P1 does. The P1 seems absolutely brutal while the Ferrari seems to be more tame and graceful.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
The LaFerrari just doesn't do it for me like the P1 does. The P1 seems absolutely brutal while the Ferrari seems to be more tame and graceful.
I don't necessarily agree with it being tame, but I do agree that it just doesn't do it for me...yet.

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
Compared to the P1 I feel it is tame. Watching the video with Kimi driving posted above and then watching the P1 snarling around the track, blistering acceleration and spitting fire all over the place. Seem like 2 different beasts to me.

I want to see these cars go head to head.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Compared to the P1 I feel it is tame. Watching the video with Kimi driving posted above and then watching the P1 snarling around the track, blistering acceleration and spitting fire all over the place. Seem like 2 different beasts to me.

I want to see these cars go head to head.
I know exactly what you're saying. On paper LF should be faster but on videos it doesn't look like it would even compare.

This video has changed my mind to liking the P1 more than the other two. The way it accelerates out of corners and just how well it handles in general, holy f*ck. What a car.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts