Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I purchased a black and gold Chotovelli watch and got a good deal on it. This is my review on it...

Presentation
The aluminum style box it came in seems plastic and from the 99 cent store. There is a metal plaque on the outside of the box where a logo should be etc. but Chotovelli thought it would be best to leave it blank. On th inside, they do have it marked with there name on the inner roof with silver glitter that faded in some areas. The Certificate card has a bubble in the laminate. So I got a bad impression. Also, the pillow it was wrapped on, had hairs sticking out.

http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab

[U]OEM Strap[/U]
First of all... I'm not a fan of this style of strap with the holes. I forgot what they're called (something to do with cars). It gives off a cheap vibe and the buckle doesn't seem to help much either. The bars that connect the strap to the watch are not a tight fit, so sometimes you can hear the bars click when you move the strap around.
[IMG]http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab60/DannyL88/IMG_2036.jpg

Watch
The watch is beautiful. You may not notice it with all the crap around it, but it's a pretty nice piece. It does not have lume though... well thats what I first thought and told some people, but one night I slept with it on and I saw it. It's pretty weak and a camera (well at least mine) cannot capture the lume. The accuracy is pretty good too. I had a more complicated miyota movement and it was slightly more off than this one.

STRAP CARTEL!!!

He pretty much saved this watch. Without this beautiful strap, it would look slightly tacky. The only problem I had was the fit. The strap was soo thick, it was soooooo hard to get it on the watch. I had to do some alterations, but ended up ruining the strap a little. The strap came out a lil bit short too. It came with 2 keepers and only one of them can hug both ends of the strap. The second one can hug the pointy tip a lil, but it slides of eventually. Regardless of the flaws, it is still worth it to have. I also ordered a matching gold pre-v buckle. Slighly a different tone of gold, but still better than anything else.
http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab60/DannyL88/IM

In conclusion, this Chotovelli watch is like a cheap classic or Japanese car. It has a lot of potential, but needs some after market tuning to be truly a work of art.

NEXT WATCH... Sonbol PVD black case/black dial/blue lume.

It's going to be way more kick ass than the Chotovelli and it'll rock Taylor's strap even more beautifully. I might have to ask the Cartel for a new strap for the Chotovelli.

- Danny

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The quality on this one is a little sloppy, but it's like that for the sake of looking a little vintage. I've seen some of his other straps and they look pretty clean. The only problem I had was the fitting, so you should specify measurements before you purchase a strap from him. He actually sent me pics of the strap and sent me a different looking one. However, I still liked it even though it was not what was pictured.

·
Banned
4,072 Posts
The quality on this one is a little sloppy, but it's like that for the sake of looking a little vintage. I've seen some of his other straps and they look pretty clean. The only problem I had was the fitting, so you should specify measurements before you purchase a strap from him. He actually sent me pics of the strap and sent me a different looking one. However, I still liked it even though it was not what was pictured.
I meant the watch, I should have specified haha. The presentation looked really tacky

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
man that case (of the watch itsself) looks EXACTLY like a Sonbol

·
7,022 Posts
I like the piece; love the 24 hour time markings. I agree with the intentional "rough" look. One of my Strap Cartel straps is like that. It looks a bit rough in pictures; but is much better in person.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts