Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can you have a wine sub-forum and not at least have a cheese sub-forum or at least a cheese thread? Without further adieu: Cave aged Gruyere from Switzerland. It's my crack cocaine. Share your favorites.

CHEESE_zps4cda2339.jpg

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Bulgarian feta cheese mmmm

image.jpg

Reactions: DURGE

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Cheese enthusiasts? Is this a thing

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Cheese enthusiasts? Is this a thing
hahahah, of course! I was just contributing my bit.. I try and stay away from it tho when i'm in gym mode. There are some seriously expensive/stinky cheeses out there. I was at a party last weekend, and this girl made a brie, with candied walnuts baked in the oven.. It was unreal, with a glass of red.

You should make a cheese room in your garage next to the vault lol

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
hahahah, of course! I was just contributing my bit.. I try and stay away from it tho when i'm in gym mode. There are some seriously expensive/stinky cheeses out there. I was at a party last weekend, and this girl made a brie, with candied walnuts baked in the oven.. It was unreal, with a glass of red.

You should make a cheese room in your garage next to the vault lol
Maybe! I've honestly never heard of luxury cheese in my life. What kind of cheese could I order online that would be considered "high end". As long as it isn't obscenely expensive, I'll order it. I'm sort of curious now.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Maybe! I've honestly never heard of luxury cheese in my life. What kind of cheese could I order online that would be considered "high end". As long as it isn't obscenely expensive, I'll order it. I'm sort of curious now.
If you're new to cheeses, I'd suggest yelping/searching on google maps for a "cheese shop" in your area. They can help you out and you can try a variety of cheeses to see what you like. Maybe pick up a platter with the biggest variety and you can take them home and try them on your own time.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cranberry cheese. A favorite with the ladies. It's okay I guess. I like the taste of my cheese to punch me in the face.

wensleydalecheese_thumb.jpg

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Try whole foods they have great selection.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Try whole foods they have great selection.
Not only does Whole Foods have a great selection, they're one of the only stores that lets you sample the best they have. I'm very, very finicky about my cheeses and beer--not so much with my wines. My #2 favorite:

Grass fed New Zealand cheddar.
product_339.jpg

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
I've wanted to learn about cheeses for a while but haven't pursued it. Would anyone have recommendations where to begin reading or learning?

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I've wanted to learn about cheeses for a while but haven't pursued it. Would anyone have recommendations where to begin reading or learning?
Whole Foods and/or Fresh Market is going to be your best shot. Whole foods is the best, though. They've got tons upon tons of cheeses from around the world. I can tell you RIGHT NOW the best cheese on the market is ANYTHING from New Zealand that is cave aged. Or just ANYTHING cave aged. You will never look at a plain piece of cheese again.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts