Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just cruising on the internet and saw this... I knew the hardtop version was a go but I did not know about this...

What do you think? Good or Bad?

2011 Porsche 911 Speedster

The new-for-2011 Porsche 911 Speedster is a tribute to the original iconic Speedster: the infamous 1953 Porsche 356 Speedster. To celebrate, Porsche is building only 356 models of this exclusive model. Changes between the new Speedster and the base Porsche 911 are a body kit and black exterior highlights. It also sits 2.4 inches closer to the ground, has a more raked windshield (the 356 Speedster is easily recognizable from a base 356 by its smaller curved windshield), and a double-bubble hardcover (like the one found on the current Boxster Spyder) to hide the manual soft top. Like the new Porsche 911 GTS, the Speedster is rear-wheel drive only and comes with a 1.7-inch wider rear track.

The 3.8-liter flat-six engine produces delivers 408 hp, again, the same as the new 911 GTS. Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) and Porsche Ceramic Composite Brake (PCCB) are now standard performance items for this limited model.

Porsche will also be offering a new exterior color called "Pure Blue" to be used exclusively on the Speedster. Upon request, the Speedster is available in Carrara White; it will feature a special front apron, specific side skirts, and a distinct rear apron.

The original 356 Speedster had two sports bucket seats, doors with slide-in plastic windows, and a shortened, elegantly curved windshield. In 1988, a new Speedster based on the then-current 911 Carrera celebrated its revival with the characteristic double bubble. In 1993 and 1994, the Speedster name was once again revived for a special 911 model.

The car has a hump in its back

Check out the shift knob and those seats...

2011 Porsche 911 Speedster

·
Registered
901 Posts
Porsche is just trying to squeeze every last penny out of the 997 chassis before they call it quits.

possibly but I do not feel they are failing at it... They are staying surprisingly fresh with concepts and over all style without hacking it up and making it rediculous.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Nice car but come on.... $204K, for a Carrera cab s? It's literally a 100% mark up.

You could buy a 911 Turbo S cab completely tricked out for less.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Nice car but come on.... $204K, for a Carrera cab s? It's literally a 100% mark up.

You could buy a 911 Turbo S cab completely tricked out for less.
I agree that is a ridiculous price, but if it is like the previous Speedster it should retain value. And personally I would buy the Turbo S for much less or for about the same buy GT2.

Back to OT, I do think it is hot.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2011 White Widebody Porche Speedster

Redline Service is now offering a 2011 Widebody SPEEDSTER. One of One Hundred in the United States and One of 365 in the WORLD! Only the finest Porsche dealers will receive one of the one hundred being imported.
Some anticipate this Speedster to do what the last great wide body Speedster did in 1989 when The Speedster's $60K sticker price quickly doubled. Today, the widebody Speedster is one of the most sought after Porsche's ever.
The car features the choice of two colors and one option. We are receiving the more rare Carrera White with the one option, Satellite radio. We can't wait to see it!
Below you will find some recent information provided by Porsche. Please visit their website for the latest information and media about the new 2011 Porsche Speedster.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
As someone who is not a big Porsche fan, I really love this car! The only bad thing about it, is its ridiculous price!

·
THE ONLY MAN THAT CAN™
23,169 Posts
Amazing car, I have always loved Porsche, the 911 has been truly perfected, I do agree that the new Limited editions are def well done and not a marketing strategy. All these models are true to their heritage. Love it.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
anyone complaining about the price just doesn't understand Porsche heritage...these special edition 911's do not come out often, and will retain their value...

....with that said, I hope Porsche doesn't release similar special editions for the 998, etc or else it would probably ruin the value

·
Registered
189 Posts
I was really feeling the look and that color, but then I saw that ridiculous price tag. For that kind of money, I'd be looking at a loaded Turbo S or a GT2.

Good for Porsche though, they sure know how to keep their profits high lol.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Amazing car, I have always loved Porsche, the 911 has been truly perfected, I do agree that the new Limited editions are def well done and not a marketing strategy. All these models are true to their heritage. Love it.
Yes, i agree 100% . This car is badass, and it definitely stands up for Porsche. Its a rare car, so that is associated in the price.. I think this would be a sick car to own.

·
Registered
362 Posts
As others have said, awesome car, but the price is a limiting factor. Even if I had 200k+ to drop on a car, it wouldn't be that particular Porsche. I like the GTS as a great bang for the buck on the 997s right now.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts