Luxury4Play.com banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
WOW! This could be awesome for BMW owners who want the M3 carbon look inside. Wrap all the wood trim. Ohh this is giving me ideas!
Definitely, in fact I've been looking at a used 5-series, but the wood grain is a big turn off for me. I didn't even think about this!

If you're interested, we can do a group buy if you want to set something up and help organize it, I'd be down.
Quite a few ppl are already on top of that this yr. Personally prefer the real trim for the depth and texture, but for "show bling" parts that will be exorbitant $ to mold mind as well if you're on a budget. My only concern would be how long it will hold up to direct sunlight in automotive applications.

Lots of DIY photos in these links...

http://www.myOnlineGalleries.com

DIY: wrapping interior trim parts with Carbon Fiber Fabric - BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum - E90Post.com

Euro Dyne || Intro Product! CF Fabric by the yard! *$35 Shipped* - BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3)

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
This material is part of 3M's architectural series. It's not "that" cheap for a reason, it's extremely high quality. It has a 12 year indoor life and a 4 year outdoor life span.
i dont disagree...the 3M product looks great for many applications...i have no idea if versions being sold by other vendors are cheaper vinyl. Keep up the great work of finding the best cf stuff for us carbon nuts :clap:

·
5,744 Posts
Hmmmmmm what to wrap in this....I like the desk idea, as well I think I'd like to cover my laptop. The wheels are starting to turn. I just keep looking at stuff, and saying, "Hmm, I wonder if that would look cool wrapped"

-Markus-

·
Registered
144 Posts
isnt " wanting the look" as we call it like buying a replica watch?
Agreed 100%. Having said that, isn't most Carbon Fibre trim in cars (Carrera GT, Lambo SL, Ferrari Enzo etc excepted) sort of fake anyway? Well, maybe real CF VENEERS that go over top of the stock part (like the trim in 911 turbos, the dash strips etc in Maserati's and BMW's etc etc etc.). And so having said THAT, I'm kinda digging this!!! Pretty cool! :D Gonna have to order some for my laptop and whatever else I can find to 'bling it up!!!"

·
5,744 Posts
Hmmm, so I just had a thought. I've been thinking about getting my helmet painted. Wonder if it would be possible to wrap my helmet.

·
Registered
6,110 Posts
isnt " wanting the look" as we call it like buying a replica watch?

AFTER SAYING THIS AND THEN READING THIS THREAD MORE IN DEPTH I REALIZED I PUT FOOT IN MOUTH... STUFF AROUND HOUSE WOULD BE COOL

Agreed 100%. Having said that, isn't most Carbon Fibre trim in cars (Carrera GT, Lambo SL, Ferrari Enzo etc excepted) sort of fake anyway? Well, maybe real CF VENEERS that go over top of the stock part (like the trim in 911 turbos, the dash strips etc in Maserati's and BMW's etc etc etc.). And so having said THAT, I'm kinda digging this!!! Pretty cool! :D Gonna have to order some for my laptop and whatever else I can find to 'bling it up!!!"
That is what im goin for..

I'm going carbon
looks like i am too

·
Registered
300 Posts
I think it'd be a cooler product if it had more gloss to it. But really, I can't see the point in having a carbon fiber overlay. The whole point in CF is being lightweight and strong. This option seems kind of ricey to me.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
That's pretty sweet, I've been wanting to Wrap the center of my Hood with a CF Vinyl..

·
Registered
191 Posts
looks awsome!

I saw a whole car wrapped in it. a new sti.... looks amazing!

I'm thinking of laying it on my roof, to ptotect the paint and the looks, and now after seeing the interiors thats also part of the plan.

Did you ship out my iphone cover already? if not, i'd like to add a sample to the order

please e-mail to [email protected]

paid by paypal adress: [email protected]

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
looks awsome!

I saw a whole car wrapped in it. a new sti.... looks amazing!

I'm thinking of laying it on my roof, to ptotect the paint and the looks, and now after seeing the interiors thats also part of the plan.

Did you ship out my iphone cover already? if not, i'd like to add a sample to the order

please e-mail to [email protected]

paid by paypal adress: [email protected]
Oh man, I'd love to see an entire car wrapped in it! If you have any pics, let me know.

Yeah, the iPhone case already shipped this morning, but you can purchase a sample for $10 shipped here:

Carbon Fiber Film - 3M DI-NOC Carbon Fiber Vinyl for sale as well as galleries and information

21 - 40 of 50 Posts