Luxury4Play.com banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
clothes are kinda like cars

for example: Cheap labor is easy to find but the end result won't be good. Now if you spend more $$ on more expensive labor then it'll last a long time. Same thing with clothes...If you get cheap clothes they wear out easily while on the other hand spend more money and you will have clothes that last

·
Registered
120 Posts
What I'm wearing depends on what I'm doing. If I'm working (typically construction or mechanics) I'm most certainly wearing cheap clothing. If I'm out on the town it's higher end. As for the clothing makes the man part, I lost track of how many times I would run into guys I work with that didn't recognize me when I was dressed to impress.

·
Registered
53 Posts
$300 diesel jeans, and $5 fruit of the loom wife-beaters for me. I get ZERO disrespect. If you go to the gym 6 days a week, everything looks good on you.

·
Registered
4,577 Posts
I'm not too keen on labels or branding, so I get a lot of daily rags at Uniqlo. My line of work does not dictate formal dress, and I generally would not want anything to do with people that judge me based on clothes rather than character.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I spent $80 something on some Banana Republic jeans once and quickly out grew my size. Now the wife keeps her eyes peeled for $15 jean sales at Old Navy. Same thing!

·
Registered
10,739 Posts
i wear average priced clothes for most of the time (zara, banana republic, etc.) which are reasonable and reliable, but as a 19 year old single workaholic, im not dressing to impress anyway.

my only weakness is Burberry...and if i see anything plaid, i absolutely HAVE to buy it no matter what :D

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Buy and wear what makes you feel best and most comfortable. The mantra, whole you get what you pay for in terms of clothes applies less than in other things such as food, cars, etc.

There is a limit in which quality is paid for, then you are just paying for exclusivity and the "hey look at me, i'm a baller" attitude....which quite frankly is laughable to me.

Walk around Santana Row or Beverly Hills and check out everyone sporting their "high fashion". Funny how so many people value this but dont give 2 shvts about the body the own. Fat fvckers walking around in $500 jeans make me laugh. Use that money on quality food and a personal trainer. Those ballin jeans dont make your fat a$$ look any better............

·
Registered
758 Posts
I wear cheap clothes... mostly Dickies pants and tshirts... but I'm not loaded yet. Right now I make my money wrenching on cars and my clothes take a beating... when I can afford it though I will definitely step it up...

·
Registered
120 Posts
It would be nice to see some of the designers producing in smaller sizes. I have to pass on a lot of the big names because the smallest size they have is way to baggy on me.

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
all my tshirts arnt cheap but I do love a cheap bag of white v necks

I'm not too keen on labels or branding, so I get a lot of daily rags at Uniqlo.
ahhh that is my favoritist store at the moment. I have like 5 of their tshirts and some other stuff. Tried to buy a pea coat type thing the other day at the store in NYC but they fit funny :(

·
Registered
875 Posts
affliction and express is like the cheapest i go other then that. i dont think i have ever shopped at sears no harm meant., im like hooked on what i wear and obsessed with designer clothing.

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
C'mon guys, this thread wasn't started so that everyone could be bragging about all the expensive gear you have been rocking, but the CHEAP stuff you have been buying.

This made me giggle.
$300 diesel jeans, and $5 fruit of the loom wife-beaters for me. I get ZERO disrespect. If you go to the gym 6 days a week, everything looks good on you.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
It would be nice to see some of the designers producing in smaller sizes. I have to pass on a lot of the big names because the smallest size they have is way to baggy on me.
What designers are you speaking of? I have to get xl in Italian shirts where Ralph Lauren I can wear a medium.

·
Registered
120 Posts
All of them. I'm 5'10" ish and have like a 26 in waist.
These are the smallest sized Diesel's I could find and a cheapie small sized thermal.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts