Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who here wears cheap clothes simply because you don't care.

Me? I wear cheap t-shirts (5 bucks each on sale at SEARS) and whatever jeans I can get in my size for under 20 bucks as long as their not tight. I don't skimp on shoes though, because cheap shoes suck.

I don't look bad, I just don't dress to impress 90% of the time. But when I do dress to impress, I do.

I also don't spend a lot on watches. While I do appreciate them, I like cars much better.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I'm a watch whore... I love old collector chronograph watches... I don't skimp on clothes that bad, but do wear $40 jeans and mid-level designer t-shirts. I don't do the dress up thing much, just not my style really... a sport coat with a t-shirt or loose buttoned made to measure dress shirt is as far as I go most times.

·
L4P Judge Jury & The Executioner
5,783 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Somehow I don't think you're going to find much camaraderie for SEARS t-shirts and sub-$20 denim on LUXURY 4 PLAY.

Regardless of what you wear, I think it's important to take pride in the way you look. Depending on wear you live, if you want others to treat you with respect, you need to look good. But, that doesn't necessarily mean wearing designer everything and buying the most expensive apparel.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I've found that when I buy cheaply made clothing, I tend to wear it out MUCH quicker than a quality piece. For example, Old Navy Jeans get worn & rip so fast compared to say Monarchy Jeans.

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
I've found that when I buy cheaply made clothing, I tend to wear it out MUCH quicker than a quality piece. For example, Old Navy Jeans get worn & rip so fast compared to say Monarchy Jeans.
There is general truth to what you say, there are some cheap brands that actually are reliable just have to find it and test it out.

Otherwise, I prefer a good fit and I out of all the t-shirts I have only TWO (hugo boss & Altru) are made right....tryin' to find the same quality is hard even when the company(altru) who prints on the shirt start using a different tee! Like "American apparel to fruit of the loom"

Or different types of cottons? *shrugs*

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good points.

For the most part I wear out my clothing regularly, but then I just buy more. My favorite T is a CK one, but unfortunately I haven't been able to find them for sale anymore. As for jeans, you're right too Crazy, but my levi's last ok. But the most F'ed up thing is when you have a real comfortable pair of jeans (old navy) that wear out way too damn fast.

I know there is a difference between a 5 dollar shirt from Sears and a 40-80 dollar (real) designer shirt. However there are also "designer" shirts out there that are nothing but Crap from China with a fancy label and a high price tag trying to cash in.

Have you guys ever bought something "designer" to only be really disappointed with it?

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
I know there is a difference between a 5 dollar shirt from Sears and a 40-80 dollar (real) designer shirt.
where can i buy that? why i am spending $200+ on shirts?

my 1st official paycheck was earmarked for armani sweaters - it's only gotten worse as i get older.

- chuck

·
Registered
5,886 Posts
5 dollar shirts 90% of the time?

Might want to re-think that.

·
PNW Affiliate
751 Posts
i live by one simple rule: "if it looks cute....buy it!". =D oh wait...isn't that andrew zimmern that said that? no no...that was "if it looks good....eat it!".

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Agreed. I buy it if I like it, don't if I don't. However I do buy quite a bit of stuff from Express because it fits me well and I can only pay $300 for so many pairs of jeans. I just retired the first pair of A/X jeans I bought back in 2001. I love the Diesel stuff most.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Id rather have 5 nice shirts than 15 crappy shirts. The crappy ones always wear out!

·
Registered
515 Posts
Who here wears cheap clothes simply because you don't care.

Me? I wear cheap t-shirts (5 bucks each on sale at SEARS) and whatever jeans I can get in my size for under 20 bucks as long as their not tight. I don't skimp on shoes though, because cheap shoes suck.

I don't look bad, I just don't dress to impress 90% of the time. But when I do dress to impress, I do.

I also don't spend a lot on watches. While I do appreciate them, I like cars much better.
TMI, but to each is their own

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
I wear Hurley T shirts most of the time, Diesel or 7 Jeans. Pac Sunwear sells a bunch of the Hurley V Necks for 7 bucks, Most comfortable quality V I have ever worn and 7 bucks! I have 5 of them.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I do like cloth .... and do like to be well dressed up.

That being said, you can look good with 100 USD .... of course. But you can also look like SHIT with 3000 USD.

Taste is something you can't buy.

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Ya my brother went crazy at Pacsun(hurley) buying all thier v-necks, I just hate that it says hurley on the top left shoulder.I usually go to American apparel,or urban outfitters full blank V for 18bux .

I wear Hurley T shirts most of the time, Diesel or 7 Jeans. Pac Sunwear sells a bunch of the Hurley V Necks for 7 bucks, Most comfortable quality V I have ever worn and 7 bucks! I have 5 of them.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I only get my stuff from Derelique . . .

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I only wear stupid expensive clothes. I mean really. You know how you sometimes go "What the hell, who pays 2 grand for this ugly-ass jacket?". Well, I do! That's why they have them there, praying that I will drop by their store.

You see, I have so much money, I figured what better way is it to distance myself from poor people like yourself than to wear popped collar in-your-face-cashmere luxury-ass shit when all you do is walking around looking like you're expecting a handout from people like me? I despise people in t-shirts. I despise people who don't have at least 25 pairs of Gucci loafers. I despise people wearing watches that aren't tourbillons. There's a very thin line between you and people at the shelter. I just thin-, Wait. Hang on a sec. I have to go out and buy more clothes. BBL.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts