Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to the L.A. Times' Lance Pugmire, Sonnen tested positive for a "natural steroid" before his fight with Anderson Silva. Natural steroids, such as androstenedione and dehydroepiandrosterone, aren't chemically altered like synthetic steroids, and can be sold over-the-counter as supplements at health food stores.
Anyone else following this story? :confused:

After all the smack talk and the 'underdog' story? I'm a huge Silva fan so I'm happy enough.

While I realize this means nothing until we hear exact results. Your thoughts?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts

·
L4P Consigliere
1,829 Posts
he gets a year suspension? why wouldn't Dana rip up his contract? he's always bragging about how clean and drug free UFC is.

anyways, forget the loud mouth sonnen, this is gonna a way better fight than silva-sonnen 2:Champ Anderson Silva vs. Vitor Belfort targeted for early 2011, possibly UFC 125 | MMAjunkie.com
I don't remember ever hearing Dana say anything about the UFC and how clean it is regarding PED other than to say they test their fighters. He has always let the athletic commissions take the lead in testing and punishment (except in jurisdictions where there is no commission). Also, the idea that Dana would rip up Sonnen's contract completely ignores the history of mma and its fighters. I've been around mma since the early 90's (much more so then than now) and can tell you that steroid use was widespread from the beginning.

From your second comment it would appear that you are a Belfort fan or are least supportive of him fighting for the title. If you think Belfort hasn't taken steroids you would be wrong.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Belfort is now gonna fight anderson im pretty psyched about that. I heard it was teh fight commission that suspended him for a year not Dana. UFC does drug test but i forgot if they do it after the fight or right before it either way you can scheme not getting caught but some do get caught, shean sherk, thiago alves, chael sonnen etc.

·
Banned
4,072 Posts
So the only difference between legal and illegal steroids is that they are chemically altered?

·
Registered
933 Posts
wow. big surprise? fighters/athletes on drugs... NOT!!!

....Chael is my homeboy from Oregon. My heart broke when he lost like that.... we'll see what the next move is.

·
L4P Consigliere
1,829 Posts
So the only difference between legal and illegal steroids is that they are chemically altered?
No. Steroids are a controlled substance and require a medical prescription. So the exact same drug if used under a doctor's care would be legal.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
and he still didnt win...
you need more test son!!

so stupid to talk an ass load of shit and not even do it fair...props to silva for beating his roided ass.

·
10,594 Posts
The stupid part was him calling out Lance Armstrong and saying that he got cancer because of his steroid use. I don't care what people decide to do to their bodies, I feel its ones right, just don't be a fuggin hypocrite about it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts