Luxury4Play.com banner

Cedar Wrapped Cigars?

7K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  OnlineCigar 
#1 ·
Gents,

I've reached into my humidor this afternoon and decided on a 1 year aged hemingway Classic, and to my surprise after i removed the cedar wrapped I found mold in this cigar. All other cigars are clean, and had me wonder if I should remove the cedar wrapped on all of the anejo's that i am currently aging.

Thoughts? and suggestions are welcomed.

#2 ·
Positive it's mold?

Regardless if it is or isn't, I'm thinking it has nothing to do with the cedar wrap. Mold is a product of excess moisture combined with temperature and cedar actually absorbs moisture. My inkling is keep the cedar wraps on. I don't know how many cigars you have that are cedar wrapped, but I would maybe pick a couple and check them out as a sample size. If they are all fine, I say throw the one away and move on.

Just some suggestions...good luck!

#11 ·
I had a smilar issue just some weeks ago, it was the only cigar that was cedar wrapped in that drawer of the humidor.
Only this cigar had something on the wrapper that looked just like mold.
I have sent this cigar to my tabacconist and he told me that it was no mold, but the so called cigar blossom, which is harmless.

#12 ·
I had the same sort of thing happen to me a while back but not just on my cedar rapped babies but a few other cigars as well. Turns out humidification was def the issue. I switched from using a traditional humidification device to Boveda packs Boveda Humidification from SeriousCigars.com . Takes about 2-3 for my humidor that holds a 100 every 3 months you have to replace them but they have been the best way I have found to keep humidification right.

I know I am late to this thread but maybe someone else will get some benefit out of my info in the future!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.