Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We were excited when a certain L4P member called us one day with this concept. It's always exciting to do something new and different- and the idea of making this mid-engined Cayman's engine cover something ala Ferrari/Lamborghini was def new to us! :)

Talk about a great starting point- look at this super clean, ultra low mileage example:

We found a nice quiet spot, in good company, and got started with the project:

We began by removing the carpeted cover, then the OEM metal cover was next:

It's obvious the good people over in Stuttgart never intended this engine to be seen, let alone displayed, so it was time for some MAClovin'!

We removed both intake manifolds in preparation for custom paint:

The manifolds were then treated to a three stage, multi-color, paint process. The first step was applying the OE matching silver Cayman S accent color:

Next step, OE Guards Red:

The last paint step, but certainly not least, you will see in the upcoming completed pics.

Once the paint was properly cured, it was time to install the manifolds back in there proper place, and give the entire engine compartment a very serious detail to get her ready to be a star.

Before resealing the engine compartment beneath it's new plexi cover, we installed 60 super white LEDs to make night time magic time.

Then it was time to close her up:

Lights off, LEDs on:

We love the way the project turned out, as did the owner, who was an absolute joy to work with. It's great when an owner knows what he wants and knows where to get it done- THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING MAC!! :bow1:

·
THE ONLY MAN THAT CAN™
23,169 Posts
I had never seen that before. I really like it a lot takes the car to the next level for sure.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi All,

The red Porsche Cayman S pictured above is my own. I approached Derek and the Martino team with this unique project after seeing a similar project done on another forum. I was extremely pleased with the level of communication, professionalism and overall service that Derek and his team executed with. I would strongly recommend them to others and feel comfortable with saying that you are in good hands when working with MAC auto couture. Thank you again to Derek and John and if anyone has any questions on my experience or the car itself please ask. And for the one member who asked about noise overall engine sound didn't increase by much per say but you do hear more sounds from the engine than you did before. Not necessarily louder just different.

-Steve

·
Banned
3,661 Posts
wow that came out great! My brothers car is over at mac and we are waiting for them to finish her up.

·
Registered
785 Posts
And for the one member who asked about noise overall engine sound didn't increase by much per say but you do hear more sounds from the engine than you did before. Not necessarily louder just different.

-Steve

did you get the annoying squeak? I had to take mine off because it was driving me nuts.. by the way add an exhaust and you wont be able to hear the person next to you lol I do love mine and the look of it though I would have gone with other color rather than silver as everyone does the same combination..
i did mine black gold and red as the porsche colors :laugh:

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
That is so freakin' cool.

Top not execution guys, very impressed. Looks like it came like that. Very cool touch.

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
you have any close of pictures of the edges of the glass... I know some of the kits dont fit well, and i just wanted to see

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
so simple(meant as a compliment) and yet looks so great!

very nice work!

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
Looks freaking awesome. I think it would look sick with some custom fabbed pipes instead of accordion rubber ones! Still sick as hell!!

·
Premium Member
2,399 Posts
I'd bet it gets hotter in the car now!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts