Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening, My Names Lucas,
I'm actually a Junior year Student at Penn State University pursuing my degree in Economics. I am seeking advice on career paths, and more specifically careers in the real estate and housing sector. I obtained my Real Estate License in New Jersey with Weichert this past summer, and am starting to seek interviews for different fields.
-With a relatively non-competitive GPA (~3.25), would a better career path be away from asset management/ finance, and more towards brokerage? If i dont acquire a permanent position/offer by the time i graduate i plan on selling residential with Weichert Full-time, then Interview with a few years experience (~Age 25). Although this is not necessarily my one aspiration, I figure that selling residential will allow me time to build my experience to sell commercial (My overall aspiration - specifically Buildings, sites, and Retail)

What are other available entry level positions besides basic sales? my feet are wet and i am getting ready to jump in. thanks.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
higher education in finance is great but would be completely wasted on Realestate. To be a good real estate agent you need to have street smarts, the best ones i've meet don't have education.

Real Estate is not glamorous and is really a dirty business. In my circles of health, science and education people look down on realtors same way they do on used car salesmen.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts