Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious about what the L4P community racers use, if at all to trailer their cars to the track?

If people can post pix, that would be great, too...

Thanks!

·
Registered
519 Posts
It all depends on what kind of racing you are doing? Are you looking to get one? or just looking to see what people have in the field?

You can do anything from a decked out equipment trailer for kart racing to a 53' semi trailer with a shop down below, living quarters and space for two cars up top.
________
Web Shows

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good point...I am really wanting to take "a poll" just to gain an understanding on what people are using for their track and Auto X cars...anything from Corvettes to Mini's...

I realize there are several options out there...I personally prefer Aluminum trailers...lightweight and durable...My BF just purchased an Enclosed Trailex Trailer for our racecar, and it is beautiful...

But, I just want to see what other people are using...

·
Registered
30 Posts
If you are looking for a single car enclosed trailer then look at TPD. I dont have any pics but we use it for everything. Fits a race car perfectly (GT3 Cup, GTR, Gallardo) and is great for kart races as well. fullsize toolbox with 6 double stacked carts.

·
Registered
847 Posts
24 foot Haulmark Edge trailer. I mainly use it for my off-road toys but I have put track cars in it also. It is equiped with 55 gallons of fuel, tons of tools, a wench to pull a car in if it breaks,air compressor, extra water, chairs, EZ-ups and tons of other stuff. You can never be over pre-paired. Here are some pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
24 foot Haulmark Edge trailer. I mainly use it for my off-road toys but I have put track cars in it also. It is equiped with 55 gallons of fuel, tons of tools, a wench to pull a car in if it breaks,air compressor, extra water, chairs, EZ-ups and tons of other stuff. You can never be over pre-paired. Here are some pictures.
Great set up! Did you purchase it that way or did you add on as you've owned it?

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
We are looking for a 24' enclosed trailer to trailer queen a show car. Leaning towards a haulmark trailer. Eventually the trailer would be used to haul a race car.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Great set up! Did you purchase it that way or did you add on as you've owned it?
I added the tool box,the air compressor, and the fuel storage after I bought the trailer. The wench, diamond plate, stainless counter tops and wheel ramps "not shown" were added at time of purchase. My buddy George is the owner of Noma Fab in Chatsworth Ca. he hooked it all up for me.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We are looking for a 24' enclosed trailer to trailer queen a show car. Leaning towards a haulmark trailer. Eventually the trailer would be used to haul a race car.
Honestly, consider Trailex...they are amazing! and the resale on them is even better...1800 lbs and low profile to not only add to the aero dynamics while towing, but also it can fit in your garage...

As I mentioned previously, my friend just purchased one and my bf has one on order and they are awesome! Not too many people on the West Coast seem to know about them, but they are really popular in the east...It seems like a lot of people out here (on the West Coast) are more familiar with Featherlites??

Here are a few more pix I found...they also have an open car trailer version...

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I added the tool box,the air compressor, and the fuel storage after I bought the trailer. The wench, diamond plate, stainless counter tops and wheel ramps "not shown" were added at time of purchase. My buddy George is the owner of Noma Fab in Chatsworth Ca. he hooked it all up for me.
Now, that is a great friend to have! It looks like the perfect set up for a day at the track! Thanks for sharing the pix and info!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just a plain old 20' open trailer... sucks but it gets the job done.
Does it suck because it is steel? Because steel trailers are definitely no fun...:(

But, for the money they are a practical solution as far as purchase price...just not as nice as aluminum...

What do you tow, if you don't mind me asking?

·
Premium Member
2,399 Posts
Featherlite FTW, Those Trailex trailers with the huge opening in the side arent very strong over the long haul!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts