Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Throughout the world alota people have alota cars, but who has the best?

best collection in the US...?
Best collection in europe....?
best collection in the world...we all know. sultan of brunei. 5000+ cars

post some pics of great collections you've seen or have found online too

·
Registered
332 Posts
Off the top of my head I can name a few; LeMay collection in WA, Nethercutt collection in CA, Harrah's in NV, Blackhawk collection, Gateway Auto Museum in CO, National Musclecar Museum in TN, Mattews' colection in CO, Henry Ford Museum in MI, Peterson Museum in CA, NASCAR Hall of Fame in NC, Indy Motor Speedway Musuem in IN. If someone wants of need to compile a list it would get long in a big hurry once you start including the rest of the planet.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Ypsilanti Michigan, Ken Lingenfelter's collection. Includes rare Corvettes and Muscle cars, as well as an Enzo, F40, 288 GTO, Reventon, Veyron, Vector M12, and a lot more. I'm just gonna post a link to my set on Flickr from when I visited:

Lingenfelter Collection - a set on Flickr

·
Registered
7,639 Posts
The best collections are the one's the public doesn't know about. To me that shed out back with a 1967 Shelby fastback > Any Super car collection, just something about that feel the barn car has.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
The best collections are the one's the public doesn't know about. To me that shed out back with a 1967 Shelby fastback > Any Super car collection, just something about that feel the barn car has.
i agree.

I love the big collection..but you expect the awesomeness.
I love the feeling when somebody opens the barn doors and finds some nice lil gems in there.
there is an old gentleman a little ways down the road who raises fighting roosters. he takes em to mexico and sells em for some crazy prices...i went into his barn/garage once. prowler, all 4 gens of vipers, # matching plum crazy hemi cuda, a few vettes and a s65 amg and some of the rarest harleys ever. made my jaw drop.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Ypsilanti Michigan, Ken Lingenfelter's collection. Includes rare Corvettes and Muscle cars, as well as an Enzo, F40, 288 GTO, Reventon, Veyron, Vector M12, and a lot more. I'm just gonna post a link to my set on Flickr from when I visited:

Lingenfelter Collection - a set on Flickr
Ken's collection is unreal. I got an invite to check it out through the 4 and made a trip across the border to check it out.

Didn't disappoint. Reventon, Enzo, 8C, F40, and many more.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
^ please elaborate on what you mean by "private" ?
i am not up jays ass nor do i care for all of his cars. but i heard that a few cars are "given" to him for the publicity it generates.

i can be wrong and i am sure he can possibly earn then with his blood sweat and guts..but thats just what i have heard.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I recently met a man down in florida and hes got a pretty wild collection, ill post pictures, (i didnt take the pictures)

thats the 1 of 1 Bugatti Veyron grand sport Sang Bleu.

massive tuned M3, it was featured in a magazine cover and centerfold

Twin turbo heffner gallardo lp560-4, 1000hp, Rentech black series 1000hp

lotus evora, ferrari califronia, RR ghost and 2 drophead coupes,and a blue/black bugatti
slr mclaren, ariel atom, like 15 rare ducattis,bentley cont super sports, 2 ferrari f458's a silver Mc;aren mp4-12c and the brand new Lexus LF-A in bright yellow

Veyron sang noir, only sang noir in the world with red leather interior,
i went for a ride in this car, it was amazing

Nelson at the gas station with his black/ Blue Veyron

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Im going to say Micheal Fux on this one. There are no pictures of his gerage but some of the honorable mentions:
Ferrari Enzo
Ferrari FXX
Ferrari 599XX
1 of 1 Scuderia
1 of 1 16M
1 of 1 599
1 of 1 458
Maserati MC12
Maserati MC12 Corsa
1 of 1 Phantom Drophead (all Yellow)
1 of 1 Phantom Drophead (all Red)
Multiple Bugatti's
Bertone Mantide
Ferrari F1 car
His on GT1 Team in the American le mans series
2 Cerrera GT's
Alfa Romeo 8C
Alfa Romeo 8C convertible
koenigsegg CCX
2 Rossion Q1's
the original Back to the Future car
The Monkey mobile
and His own colour from Ferrari, called Fux Yellow

I think he wins on private collections

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
new cars seldom make up the big money list in a collection...they may catch the youngsters eyes..but the classis are usually the big bucks in any collection.

I want a 57 atlantic so bad it hurts to pee.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ahhhh! stealer, i was gonna post Mr. Fux next. i ran into him at a show in florida, his cars were lined up down one whole street and i got a few really cool picks, and for his ccx he no longer owns, it crashed on a test drive after matinence in long island, its the blue ccx on wrecked exotics im going to post more pictures from Mr. Cambata in a second

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
all these cars in this post are owned by Mr. Cambata

hopefully thats not too many, i have 2 or 3 for mr. fux

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
i took these this april down in Celebration Florida, Some of Mr. Fux's collection

that entire right side all the way down is his...amazing sight
Ferrari f1, Fxx,Enzo,2x 599gtb's,f430 scud,Bugatti Veyron, aston martin DBR9,saleen s7 TT, RR drophead coupe,a few bentleys and a few astons to finish off the line

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i wish his koenigsegg wouldnt have crashed i really wanted to see it, its my favorite car manufacturer and ive never even seen one!! ugh

1 - 20 of 22 Posts