Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just trying to see if there is any interest for a poker run around the southern CT/Westchester area. I'd like it to be a charity run and have the money go to the American Cancer Society or another cancer charity(I've had a 2 close family members die from cancer). If anyone is interested in helping me out with this, that would be amazing. I've never organized a run before, but I know a few places that may want to sponsor this. We'd probably make a few stops in the Fairfield County area, and maybe make the final stop Lime Rock Park(Possibly get some track time?) So if you're interested in joining just let me know. This would probably happen over the beginning of the summer, so late May or June.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I would not plan any runs through or near westchester after the law they just passed. Have you been on the royal flush rally?
Yeah, I just read about that. I was planning having it really be in Connecticut.

Yeah, I've heard about RFR. I was supposed to go on their June run, but I had other plans. They haven't raised money for cancer funds yet, so I actually sent a message to one of the guys from RFR on E.A. I'd just really like to do this separately.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
it would have to be saturday, limerock isn't open on sunday's. it's some local noisse ordinance thingy.

i wouldn't mind going, i like the roads in CT...and i love limerock

working with ER or RFR would perhaps make it bigger therefor better

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it would have to be saturday, limerock isn't open on sunday's. it's some local noisse ordinance thingy.

i wouldn't mind going, i like the roads in CT...and i love limerock

working with ER or RFR would perhaps make it bigger therefor better
Yeah, that's what I was planning on. I totally agree, especially the roads up by Limerock! I'm hoping that the guys from RFR are willing to team up with me on this. It would be really great to mix things up and have a rally in CT rather NJ :p

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm down.

Last year we had a Mohegan Sun cruise and supposedly some folks from NY were supposed to come but nobody did. We should do something between NYC and Boston.
That's a good plan. Just gotta stay out of Westchester, NY with their new law hahaha

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
That's a good plan. Just gotta stay out of Westchester, NY with their new law hahaha
Westchester is fine...just don't race through it. Racing on these populated roads is just dumb anyway.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
If the roads are clear, and I'm in town, I'm in.

·
Banned
298 Posts
seeing as 90% of the EA and RFR members are in NJ it will probably be tough convincing them to move it up to CT. Plus it would just be a hassle, you should just come down here lol.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
seeing as 90% of the EA and RFR members are in NJ it will probably be tough convincing them to move it up to CT. Plus it would just be a hassle, you should just come down here lol.

What's EA and RFR?

In any case if Boston would be a start point of a caravan A and NYC a start point of caravan B, the end point for both A and B would be somewhere around Hartford (that would be around 120 miles for each group, which I think is fair).

Now need to have somebody throw a poster, inform forums, organize the the location, host both caravans and we can have some fun.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
it won't be tough cinvincing anyone for connecticut. its a good state, not far from nyc or most of the people in NJ. throw in the words track event or something like that, i think it'll be fun.

BTW: NYC midnights runs have drawn people from VA and MD...

·
Registered
897 Posts
I would not plan any runs through or near westchester after the law they just passed. Have you been on the royal flush rally?
royal flush is great, i did the last 2

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm starting to talk to some of the guys from RFR on this, so hopefully it can get even more support. The problem is, I don't if I'll be able to do this if we do it in February :eek: Damn you college rules! I may not be able to get this all set together in time. So if some of you want to give me a hand on this, that would be great! If not, we could always do it in May :p I mean it will be warmer, and we won't be in winter modes :p

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I totally get what you're saying, that's why I posted on EA as well to see if I can get people from there to help me out. It's not that I want to try and take anything away from RFR, but I really want to be one of the more "important people" for the rally since the cause hits so close to home. Call me selfish, but that would be ideal for me.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
How does this idea sound: Something smaller in February, and then a large even in May/June?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts