Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Will somebody PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE photoshop a 2014 GL550 with the AMG rims in all black? Black SUV with powdercoated AMG rims that are now standard on all 2014 GL550s. I'm not good with photoshop and after many tries I managed to eff it up again. The lease on our current SUV is up and I was just brainstorming what would look good if we were to purchase a new SUV. :) Thanks and GOD BLESS :)

Here is a pic, just paint them bitches black! :) images.jpg

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes that is awesome! Thanks so much! Gonna need to black out the chrome
If I were to go this route! Thanks once again :)

·
Registered
423 Posts
Why does everyone just "black out everything". Have some style! All blacked out cars look like spray painted beaters. One or two things is cool but don't overdo it. :(

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why does everyone just "black out everything". Have some style! All blacked out cars look like spray painted beaters. One or two things is cool but don't overdo it. :(
Different strokes for different folks my man. I do politely disagree with the statement above, however. I've seen blacked out cars that look great... and then I've seen blacked out cars that look like "spray painted beaters" as you describe above. I guess it just depends where they got their work done and how often you may see such vehicles. You may have become visually desensitized to vehicles of this nature (just like when Camaros started hitting the streets again and were so hot... but now I see one on every other intersection with the same scheme. They are EVERYWHERE! Not that that's a bad thing either... but jus' sayin..)

The blacked out 458 Italia I saw on Sunday evening definitely didn't look like a "beater" at all. As a matter of fact, I was surprised by how much something so simple as black rims and black trim made the Ferrari pop.

But then again... the same can't be said about the black 1999 Toyota Camry lowered on black BBS wheels (with blacked out rear lights I may add) I saw parked outside of the health clinic I work at on Thursday... Someone watched too many plasti-dip youtube vids in their spare time...

But again.... Black is one of my favorite colors too. lol It just all depends pretty much IMO.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Fair enough. For me it's when everything is matte black -- rims, wrap/paint, window trim... I've never seen it done where I liked it. :( I have seen blacked out cars with mixes of flat and gloss and it doesn't have that same effect on me.

·
Registered
99 Posts
+1 ^ I agree with you. Like my buddy has a white is350 with all black dish rims and the car looked great, but when he put on his silver/machined rims for the winter, it just looked that much better for some reason. I honestly think that the GL550 looks better stock than with those black wheels. Looks more classy and luxurious really.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Probably because of the change, not much more. But as it was stated, different things work for people so no use going about it further. But in the end, get ADV.1 or D2 on the phone and order some custom goodies for your car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts