Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did not find a thread for this watch, surprisingly.

What do you guys make of it?
I personally think it is great looking, and would love to see more pics from different angles as the only ones I could find were the official ones.

Could not find a price for it, but realistically, they cannot be asking for more than $11k, can they?

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
This is one of their newer models and is in my Bvlgari book; however, there is no price. I'd say asbout 5-6k for steel. I was in Bvlgari last week buying my "Feed the Children Ring" and they didn't have it in the case. Bvlgari has some of the sickest jewelery.

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
Its a great looking time piece. The only thing is the resale value.

My fiance has one from our family in London:

This is one of their newer models and is in my Bvlgari book; however, there is no price. I'd say asbout 5-6k for steel. I was in Bvlgari last week buying my "Feed the Children Ring" and they didn't have it in the case. Bvlgari has some of the sickest jewelery.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would be all over it if it would retail for $6k! I never looked at Bvlgari watches, and only tried a few models since my friend is crazy about them and owns 3 or 4.

Personally, I never sell watches so the resale is not an issue for me although it is an extremely valid point bro! However, the fact that it is a Bvlgari makes it, let's face it, a jewelery item - and not strictly speaking a timepiece.
It is the same with Cartier, while I love the Pasha (especially the black sea-timer), I have a hard time committing.

Am I being too stuck up or does anyone agree?

Having said that, erhaps it would be interesting to discuss the Chopard Mille Miglia line and see on what end of the spectrum it would be classified best in another thread!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Bvlgari have traditionally been fashion watches, but I read somewhere that they are getting into in-house movements. May have been in an issue of Watch Time. Before I was into watches I bought a Bvlgari Ergon and it is still in my rotation along with much higher end watches, but of course it's just an ETA movement in a fancy case.

As for the watch in this thread, I dig the dial, but that crown is a deal breaker for me.

·
10,594 Posts
I'm rather pissed at how much Gerald Genta changed and influenced Bvlgari's style. I've owned a couple of Bvlgari Scuba's and they are great watches. Gerald Genta should of just left Bvlgari's name off of this piece and called it a Gerald Genta as it looks nothing like a Bvlgari straight down to to the GG crown.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts