Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post here on L4P, so I look forward to getting to know everybody. I am going to be in the BVIs this March and want to make a stop by a local cigar shop to pick up some cubans. Which cigars would you recommend that I pick up, what would the best process be for bringing them back, and do you guys know of any good stores to shop at?

·
Registered
191 Posts
I hope you're stopping at Foxy's on Yost Van ****. Great place to spend an evening. For cigars, Monti #2's and Edmundo's are always nice. And as for getting them hope I'd suggest bringing a bubble envelope and a box with you and put them in the mail. It's the easiest way to get them home.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think Foxys is on the agenda for the evening at Yost Van ****, have you been to Soggy Dollar Bar, Ivan’s, or Gertrude's? Thanks for the tips on mailing them back, has anyone had any experiences/stories as far as physically bringing them back?

·
Registered
191 Posts
I think Foxys is on the agenda for the evening at Yost Van ****, have you been to Soggy Dollar Bar, Ivan’s, or Gertrude's? Thanks for the tips on mailing them back, has anyone had any experiences/stories as far as physically bringing them back?
I've never been to the other 3 places you mentioned but have heard from a friend that just spent time cruising around the area that Soggy Dollar and Ivan's were good.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Been to the Caribbean over 10 times, and customs has never once looked in my luggage. You can never be sure though I guess.

Other nice choices are the:

Partagas D#4
Hoya de Monterey Epicure #2
Romeo y Julieta Churchhills

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So what would the actual repurcussions be if my bags were to be searchs. I would imagine confinscation would be about as far as they would take it...I've smoked a #2 before and was planning to pick a few up, but I was hoping to get my hands on something really unique.

Carbo-thanks for the heads up.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
So what would the actual repurcussions be if my bags were to be searchs. I would imagine confinscation would be about as far as they would take it...I've smoked a #2 before and was planning to pick a few up, but I was hoping to get my hands on something really unique.

From what I heard they'll simply confiscate the cigars. Special = Cohiba Behike

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Be sure to read up on fakes! There are tons!!!! even in the carribean
TRUE...stick to a "La Casa del Habanos" store if you can.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts

·
Registered
2,231 Posts

Upping this to get a trip report from the OP. Also, Customs will confiscate and put you on a list so you're always checked on future trips. My buddy got a box taken from him returning from Asia, and he always gets searched whenever he returns to the US.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Been to the Caribbean over 10 times, and customs has never once looked in my luggage. You can never be sure though I guess.

Other nice choices are the:

Partagas D#4
Hoya de Monterey Epicure #2
Romeo y Julieta Churchhills
That's a good start. In addition to those:
Montecristo #2
Cohiba Genios Maduro 5
Cohiba Siglo VI (or any Siglo for that matter)
Bolivar Belicoso
Partagas Serie P #2
Cuaba is also decent.
And that's all I can remember of good cubans that I have smoked (list is bigger but oh well).

1 - 20 of 25 Posts