Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never bought anything off craigslist but I am considering this: Louis Vuitton Mens Damier Brown Wallet

Is there anyway to tell if this is fake from the picture, I know the price seems low

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
I sell on CL quite a bit. I always seem to have my Glock in my waistband whenever I meet someone from there. Always make it face to face.

Reactions: hybridbk

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I have sold car parts off craigslist. Always meet in a parking lot(in middle of day) like a grocery store or something and have someone else with you.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have bought/sold parts and items before on CL. It is ALWAYS sketchy lol but I ALWAYS bring a friend or two in a mall parking lot :wink:

·
Banned
99 Posts
I buy and sell on craigslist quite often. Usually Car parts. I just recently purchased a set of Modular Concept 01's ($1250/wheel) + Tires from a guy who had bought a car and didn't like them.

$440 Cash.

They look great. I love craigslist!

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I buy a lot off craigslist (my blackberry, car parts, ps3) all work fantastic.
I sell a lot too. Recurve bow, car, ps3(lol), music equipment all the time. As long as you have a public place to meet, you'll be fine.
And if you cant tell the difference between real or not, no one else can either.

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
I buy and sell on craigslist quite often. Usually Car parts. I just recently purchased a set of Modular Concept 01's ($1250/wheel) + Tires from a guy who had stolen them off of a car and didn't like them.

$440 Cash.

They look great. I love craigslist!
Fixed it for you.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
I will ask a friend who knows about them, but i would pass unless they have the original box/tags and recipts.

But as for CL, I buy and sell on there all the time. Bought 4 jeeps, 5 motorcycles, sold 3 cars, and buy a lot of other stuff too.

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
I buy and sell tons of stuff on C-list, biggest issue I have ever had is flaky people, I'm not sure what the going rate for a LV wallet it, but that does seem a bit on the light side.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah it is on the low side for its condition. . I have a friend that picked one up off eBay for cheap but you can tell it was well used

·
Registered
189 Posts
I've never bought anything off craigslist but I am considering this: Louis Vuitton Mens Damier Brown Wallet

Is there anyway to tell if this is fake from the picture, I know the price seems low

Any help is appreciated.
Personally I never buy anything from CL unless it's a larger object and preferably mechanical and or electrical. I've picked up some network servers and the such but I was able test them before buying. Your bet bet would be to hunt for something like LV in a LV forum and talk with the women in the forum, Women in Louie forums know their stuff! I was wanting to open a purse shop once for my ex and joined a LV forum and they were vicious when it came their canny ability to spot real from fake and they had a sales area also. When I get back to the house today I'll see if can find that info for the site for ya.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Forgot I started this thread, thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Since I posted here last, I bought two more bikes off of cl, and sold well over $5k in bike and jeep parts

sent via flying monkeys

·
Registered
189 Posts
OP as stated: the web forum for handbags where the gals there know their stuff on real or fake Louie!

http://www.purseblog.com/

I sell on CL quite a bit. I always seem to have my Glock in my waistband whenever I meet someone from there. Always make it face to face.
I hear ya there.

I've bought and sold on CL also...I would move some cars on there now and again computer equipment as said a few posts ago.

When it was a $200.00 or above transaction it would always be someplace away from the house and even lower I'd meet them at my local Starbucks or Coffee Bean and I'd carry a PX4 Storm sub-compact with me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wheres a good place to sell high end clothing if CL is a no-no? I have a lot of good condition Burberry clothes from when my mother worked there that no longer fit and its hurting my heart seeing thousands of dollars of clothes just sit in the closet.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts