Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love Ferrari's. Always have. I used to be able to rhyme off every stat and relevant fact for each Ferrari on the road. Perhaps ten years ago that all changed. Marriage, kids, house, etc. In the back of my mind I kept telling myself to be patient. Just recently a very good friend of mine purchased a beautiful 512TR and built himself a nice new garage for his toys. It got me to thinking - the kids education funds are taken care of, we're well on our way to having a nice retirement fund and my wife's practice is about to be paid off.

What am I waiting for?

Looking around it seems like the price of 355s and 360s are overlapping. There are elements of both that I like but am just now starting to seriously do the research on buying used.

Where would you start? What resources would you use? Are there known pitfalls to either model? Do I go for a garage queen with 5,000 miles or something with 25,000 miles that's been loved and serviced well?

So many questions - :lol:

I searched the forum but couldn't find a thread on this topic. If it's been discussed before please provide a link. Otherwise, let me know how to navigate the first time buyer's road.

Thanks!

·
Registered
633 Posts
Well serviced examples are pretty easy to find. Educate yourself on the costs of ownership and the required service intervals to help while shopping. 360 with good history and good service if near the same as a 355 in cost. Go by your nearest dealer and get acquainted, whether you buy from there or not and you will get a lot of info and you will wind up seeing them in the future at some point.

Use some of the approved vendors to do your shopping and you will get the straight shot and skinny on the models as well.

·
Registered
847 Posts
DC Motors is also a Board sponsor and they have some really nice 360's.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Another thing I have noticed is a lot of these car have had 3,4,5 owners. Are they problem car? Or people just buying and flipping or buying and selling to upgrade? How do mutiple owner cars effect the value? Sorry to hi jack with questions...

·
Registered
279 Posts
3-4 owner cars you want to stray away from yes cheaper in value, but also most of the time far less reliable.

sorry to thread jack, but what's next mbz dont make 350 AMG's?

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
I know i dont write perfect...but it took me 3 glances to decipher all that.

"but what's next mbz dont make 350 AMG's"

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
if you r talking about what i think you are, its the amg package, some people pay extra to have the amg badge put on from the factory

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
or its in some seperate appearance package besides the amg package

·
5,744 Posts
Annnnndd thread derailed........So back on topic here. I think DC Motors is a great board sponsor to actually PURCHASE from. Their inventory is second to none, and I think it grows DAILY. As far as your specific questions regarding specific models, I wish I could comment, but I think those are best answered by actual owners, and we have PLENTY on here who can share their wealth of knowledge.

Good luck. Look forward to being in your shoes one day in the future.

-Markus-

·
Registered
847 Posts
It's a C350 with the factory AMG package thats all.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Go for a 360 you will have less problems there and you are getting a more modern car for one hell of a price these days, plus if the car was maintained and service correctly the car should be fine. Just make sure you do a PPI and get all records on the car before buying

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
I don't have any experience owning either car...

But personally I wouldn't even consider the 355 side by side with a 360. You get a ridiculous amount of bang for your buck (from a Ferarri) these days so I'd say hunt for the right 360 for you.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts