Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i'm really hoping to sell off my ML by the end of the month been looking into a jeep grand cherokee, been doing the math and figured that I could go for a 2014 SRT. My budget is about $70,000. Would love to get a black one with the brown interior but its pushing around the $76K mark.

Was talking to dealer they have one for $65k, its gray, got the black/chrome wheels. I asked for some interior pics the guy told me he would get back to me with some, that was thurs and no pics, but it was close to the end of the week so I could understand. One of the other dealers that I was talking to said it was most likely a demo car, and thats why it was pretty cheap. Reading some stuff on the web a demo car seems to be a risk since everyone in town seems to take it for a drive.

So what do you guys think ? Any test drive or buy a demo car ? Any problems after purchase ?
Thanks.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Well - you'll probably get a well broken-in car and if something breaks there is still your guarantee.

If you need a car and like to beat it regularly then a Demo car is a nice choice not to obey break-in restrictions etc. If you would like to keep it on the long run I'd think about getting a Built-by-Order car...

·
Registered
7,271 Posts
just confirm what it was. Also see if you can get a better warranty because it was a demo?

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Never been a big fan of Demo cars. You have no idea if it was well broken in or someone abused the hell out of it. I realize you get the remainder of the warranty, but for the price range you are looking to spend, why not get something that you know has no "past".

·
Registered
66 Posts
not a demo to the public. this is something the GM or Sales manager drove. depending on miles I'd want it for less than 65k. say $60k with 5,000 or fewer miles.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I used to sell cars, dodge, jeep, chrysler, ram, specifically. what a demo car is, is essentially the car that the sales staff drive home. some may go for test drives, as they typically wouldnt turn down a sale because somebody was driving it. but in fact most test drives are done in the cars you see on the lot. so really a demo just means that it is technically a used vehicle. but it was company owned the whole time. typically low mileage.

If your looking for a deal, go on the last day of the month when they are trying to make quotas, usually they will be willing to take a loss on a vehicle if it means they will make 40,000 for selling xxx amount of vehicles and there only a few away. sales managers will usually have extra employee codes from those who work for the factories, and they will use them to make a sale when needed as well, you would get a significantly better deal this way.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Never been a big fan of Demo cars. You have no idea if it was well broken in or someone abused the hell out of it. I realize you get the remainder of the warranty, but for the price range you are looking to spend, why not get something that you know has no "past".
At first I was looking for a diesel GC but the asking price is nuts, they are only a couple grand cheaper than the SRT, actually some are worth more than an SRT. I know one is made to save you money on fuel and the other burns it, but I don't travel all the much so I figured why not get something sporty. Like I said $70k is the max its kinda more of a stretch

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
I personally wouldn't worry about it. If you're going to keep the car for a while look into the Mopar extended warranty. We bought the lifetime for my wife's GC Hemi Ltd, was about $3500 and covers just about everything for the LIFE of the vehicle (or until the cost of the repair is more than the vehicle is worth.) Warranty for SRT's is a bit higher, but it's still a damn good deal if you plan on keeping it.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I personally wouldn't worry about it. If you're going to keep the car for a while look into the Mopar extended warranty. We bought the lifetime for my wife's GC Hemi Ltd, was about $3500 and covers just about everything for the LIFE of the vehicle (or until the cost of the repair is more than the vehicle is worth.) Warranty for SRT's is a bit higher, but it's still a damn good deal if you plan on keeping it.
Do you have to buy the extended warranty right away or can you do it close to the end ?

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Got an email and this did stick out; "It has 17km on it (only been used for Pre-Delivery Inspection testing and i think 1 test drive)." Seems fine with me but they had a white SRT that just sold around $70k, so this has me wondering and questioning. Is it the color thats causing the price drop ? - Its a Granite Crystal Metallic.

Does anyone live in Victoria, on Vancouver Island who could stop by the dealer and check the car out ? I've only seen pics and its a 3hr drive away, i'm really busy for the rest of the month.
Thanks.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Do you have to buy the extended warranty right away or can you do it close to the end ?
You have until 48k miles to purchase it, however the longer you wait the more the price goes up. There are other shorter length options as well, but those dont make too much sense to purchase early because it would run in conjunction with the original factory warranty.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts