Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
I use Moo for my cards. The mini cards rock when you are handing out cards to people and the business cards for when you need something more conforming lol. Everyone loves when they get a mini card.

Here are some of the mini cards I hand out these are on my cubical.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Wow that looks like an awesome site, I'll give it a look! Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
I used Vistaprint for mine. Just got 'em today. Glossy front and matte back, so I can write on 'em if I have to.

·
Registered
22 Posts
What kind of business are you in and how do you distribute your business cards? In my business, I hand them out very sparingly and since that is the case, I opted to go for more expensive clear lexan cards that one of my clients had made for me. I get compliments for days on them, but at the end of the day it's all about being remembered.

Also, people tend to keep plastic cards more often than a normal paper card.

I'm extremely picky about making sure that when I do hand over contact information to someone, that I make the best impact possible. First impressions only happen once...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Clear ones sound very cool also. The ones from the site I posted are a little thicker and feel nicer plus being able to put your photography on them or artwork on them on one side is great for showing off some of the work you do. I hand mine out all the time or to anyone who wants one lol. Like you said though getting remembered is the key.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Moo is phenomenal if you want A++ grade cards.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I do not suggest going with Vista. Very cheap cards. Like I said previously, first impressions are crucial.

I use cheaper cards for situations where I might not care as much. For example, at another business we use the cheaper quality Vista print cards for "Please review us" that customers are given.

Here's a picture of my clear cards. Trust me when I say they have paid for themselves many times over.

Sorry about the poor picture quality, didn't feel like busting out the DSLR :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Also another thing to remember about the Moo cards. Some people get annoyed with oddly shaped business cards.

I'm not sure if it's an issue with a photography business but that's just something to keep in mind. I personally get pissed when someone hands me a business card that is not the correct size and it won't fit in a card wallet/holder.

·
Registered
22 Posts
It seems like a few people have asked (PM's and this thread) about the clear cards.

I honestly have no idea where to get them made, you'd have to just find a printer.

One of my clients actually made them for me and they are not producing them for the public, sorry :(

If this changes in the future, I'll be sure to post on this thread or start a new thread about the cards availability and who to contact.

P.S. Search for clear plastic card/business cards on Google. Mine are .20 thickness (rigid and not flimsy feeling) and they are frosted (not "clear"). Also you want to make sure that the end product is business card size not "plastic card" size. Plastic card size will probably end up being the size of a credit card (a bit larger than a standard business card).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts