Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to get an honest opinion about Bulova watches. I have searched through the watch forums and read a ton of threads on here, but every time Bulova is brought up it kind of gets skipped over. Now, I suppose I could take that as a bad thing because it was ignored, but I'd rather hear actual input.

The reason I am bringing this up is because I am looking at a Bulova automatic movement watch that I can get for a very good price (around 55% off).

Thank you in advance and please be brutally honest.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I think like Movado, Bulova's designs are stuck in the 80's. If you look at secondary market they really don't hold their value. The one you posted is cool but I would look for a gently used one or ask one of the dealers on here rather than pay full retail.

All that being said, if you like it buy it.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
At that price point, you're buying for aesthetics. It will tell time just fine. If you like it, buy it.

·
7,022 Posts
Biggest down side is resale. If you're planning on keeping it, buy it. 55% back is t bad for new. Like HJ said, it'll keep good time.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
my wife bought me this one...It's probably one of the most expensive Bulovas I've seen and I don't know or want to know what she paid for it but it's probably my favorite watch because it was a thoughtful gift, it looks great, has a nice movement, and makes a great sound. I've never had any issues with it and obviously not concerned with resale since it was a gift. Not sure if this helps but as said above at this price point I'm not sure resale would be a big concern

·
Registered
604 Posts
I have 2 bulova's that were given to me as christmas gifts. We have a family friend who works at a jewelry store so I know the gift giver prob got them at cost + 5-10%. I'd like to have a nicer watch, but for a few hundred dollars, they are nice. I've never had a problem with either of them. Sorry for poor internet pics, but those are the two I own. bulova brown auto.jpg marine star blue.jpg

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I decided to get it. It "retails" for $499.99 and I paid about $290 with shipping and everything. Still a decent price and I like the way it looks. We'll see how it looks on me when it comes in.

Thank you for the feedback everyone!

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I'm a bit confused by this whole situation...

I have been expecting a phone call from the store that it would be dropped off at so that I could pick it up and I haven't received one yet, so I started to worry. I checked my order online and low and behold, apparently I never ordered the watch. My credit card shows no purchase, my account with the store shows no purchase. Apparently, after I typed in my card info on the site, I closed the page and never bought the watch...

The worst part is, the watch is sold out. Now I have to start searching for another one that I may like.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I'm a bit confused by this whole situation...

I have been expecting a phone call from the store that it would be dropped off at so that I could pick it up and I haven't received one yet, so I started to worry. I checked my order online and low and behold, apparently I never ordered the watch. My credit card shows no purchase, my account with the store shows no purchase. Apparently, after I typed in my card info on the site, I closed the page and never bought the watch...

The worst part is, the watch is sold out. Now I have to start searching for another one that I may like.
Well, we can all totally disregard this comment... There was a huge mis-understanding and I ended up getting the watch. I am very happy with it and I am glad I got to get it. It's a step into another expensive hobby. Hooray.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
My parents gave me Bulova dress watch when I was a child; it's such a petit watch I haven't worn it in years, but it has a funny design with an intermediate lug between the two standard lugs. I'll try to remember to pull it out tomorrow and get a pic, perhaps get the battery replaced.

edit: just checked my watch box and it's not there, so it's squirreled away somewhere from when we moved this summer. It'll turn up... some day...

·
Registered
490 Posts
There is nothing wrong with a Bulova watch for it's price range. I put it pretty much in the same category as a Citizen watch. They are usually well built and durable. I look at them as a "stepping stone" into more higher end watches :p Before you know it, you'll start looking at maybe an Oris, then Omega, Breitling, IWC, Rolex, etc lol

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Now to wait to see it in the classified
BECK! I knew you'd be on here with that comment!

There is nothing wrong with a Bulova watch for it's price range. I put it pretty much in the same category as a Citizen watch. They are usually well built and durable. I look at them as a "stepping stone" into more higher end watches :p Before you know it, you'll start looking at maybe an Oris, then Omega, Breitling, IWC, Rolex, etc lol
HA Start? I've been looking for years. I just see this as my jump into the watch hobby. I so many expensive hobbies... :(

·
Registered
479 Posts
I have a few Bulova precisionist's, Love them, great for daily use, I wouldnt buy a Bulova unless it's a precisionist as I totally love the sweeping 2nd hand.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts