Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Hope the poor innocent bystander took the lot to the cleaners, what a bunch of idiots. Lucky nobody was killed.
The way they were driving, it was never going to end well.

·
14,490 Posts
Save it for the track.

·
Registered
50 Posts
R8's have a huge blind spot on the right hand side on North American cars. The same thing almost happened to me although I wasn't travelling anywhere close to that speed so it was easy to maneuver away from the other car.

That was hard to watch.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
What I want to know is why didn't the Merc move over? He had to have seen the R8 put his blinker on and then start to come into the lane, and he could have moved to his right because he had already cleared the car he was passing. He just stayed in his lane and didn't even bother trying to move. That was a dick move on his part, and had he just moved over, the R8 would have been fine and nothing would have happened. The Merc came up quick on the R8, so I'm not surprised that he couldn't see him. It's not like super cars are known for great visibility.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I don't understand the hateful posts, but whatever. People who don't drive fast also get into car accidents, what do call them?

Either way It looks like a lot of fun. I would love to try one of these event one day. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
^ I have no problem with people risking their lives doing what they love. However, risking the lives of other innocent road users just because you want a thrill is absolutely inexcusable under any circumstance. If I were to die today doing what I love, at least I could say that I died happy. The problem is, pulling stunts like these on public roads is not only putting yourself in danger, but the people around you as well. People with families and friends who care about them, just trying to make it by in this world. I simply could never forgive myself if a reckless decision of mine changed or took the life of another person. Take it to the track, or find a new hobby. To think you have the authority to put others at risk just so you can have a good time is incomprehensible and ignorant to say the least.

·
Registered
43 Posts
From what I have heard about this particular situation is that there is way more to the story and this video surfacing should make things interesting. Read: insurance fraud.

These guys, JT included, are all bozos and someone is going to kick the bucket due their behaviour.

·
Registered
479 Posts
would an r8 spyder really have that big of a blind spot?

1 - 20 of 74 Posts