Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ya know... the Bug is pretty cool, very fast and all... but I gotta tell ya, there aint nothing like riding a bike. Hell, I'd take an SV650 over any of the supercars I've driven/ridden in any day. It took a 1200hp Gasser to equal the kind of acceleration feel of the fastest bikes I've put down the 1/4 mile and not a single car, and not even an MC-12, has equaled the thrill of tipping a bike into corner at full tilt boogie.

http://www.insideline.com/bugatti/ve...s-1000-rr.html

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
Ya know... the Bug is pretty cool, very fast and all... but I gotta tell ya, there aint nothing like riding a bike. Hell, I'd take an SV650 over any of the supercars I've driven/ridden in any day. It took a 1200hp Gasser to equal the kind of acceleration feel of the fastest bikes I've put down the 1/4 mile and not a single car, and not even an MC-12, has equaled the thrill of tipping a bike into corner at full tilt boogie.

I am kinda sorta fallin in love in love with you (no homo)

cars will never compare to a bike. car takes imput..bike is intuition.

(you should see what i am doing to my s1000rr. :D)

·
Registered
883 Posts
I wouldn't take an SV if they were giving them away. I love motorcyles more than most but they do not compare to a true supercar in my book!!!

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
I wouldn't take an SV if they were giving them away. I love motorcyles more than most but they do not compare to a true supercar in my book!!!
True.. i get a good feeling on a bike, but a really good feeling in a nice car

·
958 Posts

i am already planning to add the BMW 1000RR to my stable. wait til they refine it a bit.

trying to determine which suspension/steering mods to add for track days.

unless you have a twin turbo something car, there are few more thrilling things than riding thru traffic on a high performance motorcycle or dragging your knee at the track at 90 mph.

did anyone see the battle between Rossi and Lorenzo at japan..

spectacular racing !

·
Registered
274 Posts
The BMW S1000r is one sick bike!

·
Registered
5,125 Posts

i am already planning to add the BMW 1000RR to my stable. wait til they refine it a bit.

trying to determine which suspension/steering mods to add for track days.

unless you have a twin turbo something car, there are few more thrilling things than riding thru traffic on a high performance motorcycle or dragging your knee at the track at 90 mph.

did anyone see the battle between Rossi and Lorenzo at japan..

spectacular racing !

Hey JR.

you can buy right now...its pretty sorted out. only think sucks about are the bmw dealers who sell the bike compared to other brands..
do you want to cartridges or change the front forks out all together?
for the bmw..I love the wp shocks..but the ohlins is just as good and has more trackside support and builders.

if you wanna keep the front forks. i can get you hooked up with an ohlins inside man who acutally has some of the ohlins "works" nitrogen cartridges. nobody outside of race teams (and myself) have em and ohlins dont sell them to the public.
or if you want to get a new front end...I know where you can get some fgr900 nitrogen forks that were used on the wsbk teams. complete with triple tree, quick change axle, and other goodies.

I am building mine up as we speak...actually rode the piss out of it this morning....fastest stock bike that I have ever been on...makes a stock busa feel down right slow.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
do any motorcycle trackdays? do ya race bikes?

until you've had a motorcycle near the limits of your ability (note, I didnt say the motorcycle's ability, cuz you cant get near that, nor can I) you havent really experienced what its all about. I'm not talking about going for a spirited street ride, or bar hoppin...

the stock SV suspension is crap...tweak it up (some springs and spacers, or swap it out for a GSXR front end) and you'll have a more thrilling ride than any car can ever offer. The SV is a great trackday/race bike, doesnt eat tires like others can, even if you are little ham fisted.

get thee hence to a trackday, take your bike with ya.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts

until you've had a motorcycle near the limits of your ability (note, I didnt say the motorcycle's ability, cuz you cant get near that, nor can I) you havent really experienced what its all about. I'm not talking about going for a spirited street ride, or bar hoppin...

the stock SV suspension is crap...tweak it up (some springs and spacers, or swap it out for a GSXR front end) and you'll have a more thrilling ride than any car can ever offer. The SV is a great trackday/race bike, doesnt eat tires like others can, even if you are little ham fisted.

the sv is fun budget racebike...and its fun in superbike form even though they become handgrenades as soon as you do any overbore engine work on em....the gsxr front is hella nice...but that puts you in the superbike class....then you gota do engine work to keep up with the other guys.....then it gets hella pricey....fun as hell but pricey.
what springs and spacers do you have racetech?
another cheaper alternative is the 250 ninja class.....fun as hell...and no worres about the cost....so cheap.

I personally want to do the super singles in the future.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
similar... my SV650 that I raced (AFM) for a couple of years was a TwinWorks bike built by Zoran.
ya..zoran builds some great bikes at twin works.
I havent messed with an sv for a long time...got hooked on open class superbikes....money pits...but nothing can equal their thrill....200whp in a lil chassis....with full on works suspension on full slicks....soooo much fun....

·
958 Posts
Hey JR.

you can buy right now...its pretty sorted out.

yea, it's pretty sorted out but not quite. the WSBK guys are struggling. of course, some of it is traction.

if you wanna keep the front forks.

i would keep the front forks..

i can get you hooked up with an ohlins inside man who acutally has some of the ohlins "works" nitrogen cartridges.

that would be cool.

....fastest stock bike that I have ever been on...makes a stock busa feel down right slow.

what i like about the busa is the midrange. roll ons are no muss, no fuss, just roll on the throttle and she rolls, usually don't have to downshift.. if the BMW does that, it would be great.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts

what i like about the busa is the midrange. roll ons are no muss, no fuss, just roll on the throttle and she rolls, usually don't have to downshift.. if the BMW does that, it would be great.

the bmw has a nice midrange but nothing like the busa....you have stay in the right gear. but its 340cc smaller than the busa...I am sure some 3mm over bmw will be out sooner or later...and that, my friend, will eat everything alive..including busas on roll ons.....I live and die with busas (see "all go no show" thread) but this bike is the future.

it has a few things that are just awesome

the antilock brakes have a front brake only mode....which is hella usefull.
the traction control is the best this side of motec.

·
Registered
883 Posts

Never did a track day. Rode curves on the street back in the day. Drag raced NOS powered GSXRs and Busas, ZX14s up until last year. Been 4.85 on an all motor Busa with no bars!! If I was to do a track day, it would at least be on a GSXR600, R6 or CBR600, etc. I need to feel a little power once I come out of a curve. I dont think an SV would do it for me. Besides, they are ugly IMO. To each his own though.

·
958 Posts
Never did a track day. Rode curves on the street back in the day. Drag raced NOS powered GSXRs and Busas, ZX14s up until last year. Been 4.85 on an all motor Busa with no bars!! If I was to do a track day, it would at least be on a GSXR600, R6 or CBR600, etc. I need to feel a little power once I come out of a curve. I dont think an SV would do it for me. Besides, they are ugly IMO. To each his own though.

if possible, you should try to do some track days..

way fun.!!

at bigger tracks.

600 = good

1000 = better

1 - 20 of 28 Posts