Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hear more and more talk about the Bugatti Veyron successor and people say it's coming as early as 2015.
Could we expect it to premiere at the Geneva Auto Show?

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
I remember reading an article not long ago that mentioned Bugatti doesn't plan on moving forward until Veyrons sell out. I'm guessing it will be another few years.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Bugatti Veyron Successor to be a 1,500 HP Hybrid » AutoGuide.com News

Bugatti is looking to reclaim the title of the world’s fastest car and the Volkswagen-owned ultra premium brand aims to do so with hybrid power.

Following in the tire tracks of recent hybrid hypercars like the LaFerrari, McLaren P1 and Porsche 918 Spider, sources inside the company have said a successor to the Veyron is planned with a launch expected in 2015.

Despite being a hybrid, Bugatti will not be watering-down the performance the brand has become known for.

SEE ALSO: Strange Bugatti Models Spied Testing

“The new model will not be less exciting than the Veyron,” said a spokeswoman for Bugatti. “Our customers have certain expectations.”

Engine output would reportedly surpass the current model’s 1,200 hp rating with an incredible 1,500 horsepower from a 16-cylinder engine that would be matched to hybrid technology.

According to unnamed sources, Bugatti expects the Veyron successor will surpass the current car’s top speed of 268 mph as well as the 270 mph rating of the Hennessey Venom GT, once again giving Bugatti the title of the world’s fastest car.

Much like with the Veyron, production will be extremely limited, making this car ultra exclusive with plans to build just 450 models.

Just 20 of the original Veyron models are remaining to to be sold.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They must have something in store ready to be built when the last Veyron is sold. I hardly think they'll start develop the successor after the last sale.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I remember I've read an article saying that they've also canceled the production of the 16C Galibier to focus on a Veyron successor. I would have loved to see a massive Galibier passing by me.

·
Registered
7,271 Posts
I heard they have 48 more "special Editions" left to go.......

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well well, looki looki here!

Bugatti plans new 286mph, 1479bhp Veyron successor | Autocar
Bugatti plans new 286mph, 1479bhp Veyron successor

Bugatti plans new 286mph, 1479bhp Veyron successor
New hypercar to feature a hybrid powertrain mated with a heavily updated version of its predecessor’s turbocharged 8.0-litre W16 engine

Greg Kable
by Greg Kable
6 August 2014

Development work has begun on a follow-up to the nine-year-old Bugatti Veyron, with the firm looking to raise the lofty performance of its hypercar with a new 286mph successor.

The Veyron replacement is set to adopt a heavily updated version of its predecessor’s turbocharged 8.0-litre W16 engine. It will incorporate hybrid technology and produce in the region of 1500ps (1479bhp), officials involved in the new car’s development have revealed.

The new Bugatti is currently undergoing initial conceptual engineering tests in a programme aimed at unveiling the car in 2016 prior to a planned start to customer deliveries the following year.

The eagerly anticipated replacement for the Veyron is set to build on the key strengths of its successor by offering “the fastest top speed of any series-production road car, together with the sort of driveability to allow you to use it every day”, according to company officials.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It has a name...

It will be called the Bugatti Chiron. It's from greek mythology and also the name of famed Bugatti racer Louis Chiron.

(Let's speculate; it's pronounced "chIroon" but will probably be called "chajroon" :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts