Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Watching the Top Gear episode on this I'd be willing to bet it has something to do with tires just b/c that is a huge safety thing after what Capt. Slow was sayin about it.

·
Sponsor
10,268 Posts
The Veyron from the begining had to be designed with a special wheel/tire/bead system. There is only 1 type of tire available for this car that is rated for 250 mph. I have a customer with a Veyron. When it came time to replace the tires, they need to be airfreighted back to bugatti, as they are the only ones that have the special mounting equipment and tire supply to services these wheels/tires. I imagine the super sport is limited by its tires, as they have not been rated for more than 250 mph.

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
The Veyron from the begining had to be designed with a special wheel/tire/bead system. There is only 1 type of tire available for this car that is rated for 250 mph. I have a customer with a Veyron. When it came time to replace the tires, they need to be airfreighted back to bugatti, as they are the only ones that have the special mounting equipment and tire supply to services these wheels/tires. I imagine the super sport is limited by its tires, as they have not been rated for more than 250 mph.
does that mean the car has to sit on a lift for days?

sounds like a pain in the ass!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts