Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know much about bikes, but from my understanding the white one, the Ducati 1199 Panigale S, is comparable to a Bugatti for bikes. 2exotic and I have little to no knowledge of bikes so do correct me if I'm wrong.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MarcelLechPhotography
Flickr (the full set): https://www.flickr.com/photos/marcel-lech-photography/sets/72157643788962135

Regardless, here are some photos 2exotic took. The bikes are slightly modified as they sport MAcarbon carbon fibre pieces.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Great pics, almost makes me wish I had gone with white. I've ridden the Pani several times and it's a freaking rocket! Mine will be here at the end of April so now just to find Bugatti to test it against lol.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Great pics!

While the 'S' IS a very nicely equipped bike, the true "Bugatti" version would be the $65k limited numbered (500 slated for worldwide production) 1199 Panigale Superleggera. The 'R' version a ridiculously good bike, pretty much the WSBK race bike with road trimmings. The SL is in the same company as the Desmosedici RR when it was released. Limited edition, exotic materials out the wazoo, and most will probably live a life stored in a garage collection or only taken to shows. :-(

·
Registered
16 Posts
Eh, more of a LaFerrari than a Bugatti.
I second this. The technology on a Panigale definitely puts it at the same level as the P1, 918, and LaFerrari.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Ducati Desmosedici RR = Bike world equivalent of Bugatti.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I really want to get a 1199 panigale s, but as I don't have a bike licence yet I would have to wait something like 18 months-2 years to be allowed to ride one on the road :( You would think that would make me go out and get a licence asap but no.

Beautiful machines.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I really want to get a 1199 panigale s, but as I don't have a bike licence yet I would have to wait something like 18 months-2 years to be allowed to ride one on the road :( You would think that would make me go out and get a licence asap but no.

Beautiful machines.
Do you guys have the tiered system in Austrailia? Start small & work your way up? If so, I whole-heartedly agree with it. There are too many kids jumping on 1000cc bikes and wadding them up traffic around here.

Reactions: Sherusalem

·
Registered
913 Posts
Do you guys have the tiered system in Austrailia? Start small & work your way up? If so, I whole-heartedly agree with it. There are too many kids jumping on 1000cc bikes and wadding them up traffic around here.
Not exactly, and it turns out its 12 months... You have to pass a training course before you are allowed a licence, and from there you are restricted to LAMS approved bikes for the first 12 months.

The Learner Approved Motorcycle Scheme (LAMS) Under the scheme, R-Date licence holders are allowed to ride motorcycles with an engine capacity of up to 660 ml with a power-to-weight ratio not exceeding 150 kw/t. A list of approved motorcycles is available from any Customer Service Centre or the website sa.gov.au - Motoring - See more at: My Licence - The Driver's Handbook - Obtaining your learners permit - motorcycle

·
Registered
193 Posts
This is a rare case where I am in support of vehicle regulation. Think of that system as that mean 3rd grade teacher--she sure seems like a bitch now but you'll remember those principals for use later.

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
^^ It's annoying when it comes to cars, because it's a similar tiered system. but I support it for motorcycles, and there are plenty of bikes that are within the limit and still very fun to ride. Some manufacturers even make less powerful version of regular bikes just so they fit within the Aussie learners/provisional limits.

On topic, great pics Ceeb

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Beautiful photos!

I always thought I would like white Ducatis more because EVERYONE gets a red one. I had a white 848. Then I got my red 1198 and to me it just looks worlds better than the white. Then I realized everyone gets red because that's the color it was meant to be.

Anyway, Bugatti killer for sure. The S1000RRs outrun them and these are competitive with the BMWs. A guy on one of the Ducati forums got an 1199SL and with all the race parts and a tune was making 214hp. That's ungodly for a bike that weighs 366lbs in full street trim minus fuel.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts