Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I was just wondering, there's this guy in my school with a black breitling tourbillon. I THINK it's a real one (how can I see if it's fake?) & was wondering how much it costs, so I know if I ask him, if he's lying..

·
Registered
400 Posts
Yeah, black face is possible. That is one of the most replicated watches and they are very, very rare in the wild because of their price. I've seen so many fake Breitling tourbillions that I'm almost sure that this one's fake too. Unless the guy pulls up in a Bentley or something similar :D
A red gold Mulliner Tourbillion is about 140k €, so...

·
Registered
1,073 Posts

This is the real one - I think they produce about 1 a month - the caseback is both see-through and has a ringed wooden veneer behind it. This is, unfortunatley, but also quite illogically, the most copied watch I have ever seen.

Generally fakes will have blue screws, the back will say something like "made in SWITCHINTERNET" and when you turn it to the side, you will see a domed like appearance of foggy glass - with the real watches only at completely horizontal do you lose the appearance of the face...

Oh, and the tourbillion will just be the main spring - does the whole mechanism rotate within the cage?

In other words, does it look like THIS instead?

Or this? YUCK!

·
Registered
400 Posts
I had to take a picture of this when I was in Amsterdam :D

It would've been a sweet deal since there was also two rollies...

I'm still thinking it's a fakey ;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts