Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I am a newby having only signed up for L4P last week. My father-in-law gave me a Breitling Super Avenger for my b-day last year and the darn thing runs fast. It adds a minute every couple of days. Anyone know why? Or if I should have it serviced? I figured if anyone would know it would be you guys. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Take to local Breitling Authorized Store and have them clean. Happened on by Bentley and that's all I needed.

Welcome to the 4. Enjoy your stay.

·
7,022 Posts
The continued pain of the SA. Does anyone care that a brother can't get one in Namibia? Even the newbs are picking on me.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Definitely take to an AD for servicing. You can also try winding it completely...unscrew the crown and turn crown clockwise quite a bit...40-50 turns and then check it out. If you don't wear it regularly and it is an automatic it could have some troubles because of winding. But if it is gaining that much it probably won't help at all, that is just what an AD taught me to do to check short term. A lot of times once you get a service you will start to need them every 5 years or so at least. I have went as long as 8 on a rolex and 10 on a breitling before without a service and still within cosc regulations.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have the exact same problem with my Breitling. I'll have to try taking it in to an AD to see what's up.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Id look into a winder as well.

after getting it serviced that is

·
Registered
63 Posts
sounds like it needs service. mine was running slow, and i found out it only winds cw... changed the settings on the winder, and no pro problems.

·
10,594 Posts
COSC should be no more than +6 seconds a day. Watches need to be calibrated. With time the components springs parts settle. A new watch has no reason to be dirty inside, unless you do outdoor work with the crown unscrewed.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Cuz your father-in-law bought you a fake one! Just kidding, I have to stop assuming everyone is like my father-in-law! I would take it in for service, sounds like too much gain.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow, great responses! Thanks everyone, I'm near SF so I should be able to find a Breitling dealer nearby. I'm gonna do it right now. It's not a fake and I do wear it everyday. It's amazing how wearing a nice watch improves the self-respect.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Before you take this to a breitling dealer,try this.Give it a full wind.Thats about 40 turns.You'll know when its fully wound.The over wind protection kicks in and you'll fell it start to click.Set the time to time.gov and put the watch crown up for 24 hours,then check the time.
After that,let it run in the same position until it stops.Thats to check how much power the mainspring has.id it runs 38 to 42 hours,the spring is good.less,it needs a service.Don't let a local watchmaker work on it.
I've been sending mine into busa for years.They have the right equipment to repair the movement and refinish the watch.
Just a cleaning isn't exactly whats meant when posted on forums.
To clean a movement requires that it be taken fully apart and cleaned,then oiled,assembled and regulated.Again,Breitling is the best place to send it.You can send it in yourself.Most ads through them in a bag and ship them to breitling anyways and they end up getting beaten during shipping.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts