Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a Breitling emergency? That's a grail piece, would love to get one, they seem pretty cool. What do you guys think of them?
breitling-emergency-ii-gear-patrol-breakdown-full.jpg

·
Registered
604 Posts
Matt, you need to do a better job at being a useful member on this forum. Just looking at your thread history, I counted 5 threads where you are asking advice on one aspect or another and you never do anything with the advice. You clearly spend a lot of time on this forum given your post count and the fact you almost have 1 new thread a day, so try and do a better job of contributing to other threads(when necessary) and if you do want to start a new thread, please search.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
img1268063665lmb.jpg

GOLD ONE!

E: The majority of my posts are in other threads, contributing. What I do with advice is my business, I have a reason for everything. I don't appreciate the fact that you called me out openly on the forum, either.

·
10,594 Posts
Buddy has one. Cool piece. Will snap a pic when I go to lunch again. Big and sturdy.
Matt, you need to do a better job at being a useful member on this forum. Just looking at your thread history, I counted 5 threads where you are asking advice on one aspect or another and you never do anything with the advice. You clearly spend a lot of time on this forum given your post count and the fact you almost have 1 new thread a day, so try and do a better job of contributing to other threads(when necessary) and if you do want to start a new thread, please search.
View attachment 98122

GOLD ONE!

E: The majority of my posts are in other threads, contributing. What I do with advice is my business, I have a reason for everything. I don't appreciate the fact that you called me out openly on the forum, either.
Mateo is also "Matt" so I'm not sure who he is referring to. As for CaliforniaSupreme, I think he's off to a great start considering his 10/2013 inception date. We here in the watch section appreciate his contributions and wish we had more like him.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Mateo is also "Matt" so I'm not sure who he is referring to. As for CaliforniaSupreme, I think he's off to a great start considering his 10/2013 inception date. We here in the watch section appreciate his contributions and wish we had more like him.
Matt as in CaliforniaSupreme. Spend 10 minutes and go through his posts and you can clearly see what I'm talking about. We can end the discussion in this thread but feel free to PM me if you want me to explain my ideology.

Anyways, I like the watch but don't love it. It doesn't seem very flashy compared to other Breitling models, which is fine with me especially since I don't think flashy would work well with the 'emergency' theme of the watch. I also doubt I would come across a point where I would actually need any of the survival features it offers.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you, I appreciate it.

As far as the watch itself, I think it would be a great emergency beacon. I currently have a Spot emergency GPS, I go mountain biking and hiking in remote places with no phone reception, so it's important to have something in case of an emergency. With the Breitling, I could have it all in one watch. My local watch shop has a used one for sale, looking into it.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
The only Breitling I would buy is a woman's watch...for a woman. The finish work is impeccable and they use high end quartz cosc. women tend to keep their watches too so you don't have to think resale. actually i am glad i bought watches with low resale value because when her lawyer was calculating my assets it worked out in my favor. so if you are planning to divorce buy a breitling.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I think this would be a terrible watch for mountain biking, your current GPS will probably be a lot better. I like this watch, but unless I was a pilot I doubt it would get any wrist time.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I have a V1, it's a pretty unique piece, actually wore it today. Just hoping I'll never actually need to use it lol.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts