Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was in looking at some nice watches and came across some lovely Breguet watches.
I had seen them online before but never in person. I thought they looked fantastic.
What's everyone's opinions on Breguet watches? Do you think they area good brand for the price?

Thanks

·
Registered
490 Posts
Superb watches. The amount of history with these watches are amazing. Quality and craftsmanship and top notch. I would suggest doing some research on the brand. I'm sure you'll like what you see!

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
As Terminator said the craftsmanship exhibited by Breguet is impeccable. If you're interested you can go to their site and request a product catalogue - it obviously shows their current offering but it details their history and manufacture in beautiful full page glossy pictures and articles.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As Terminator said the craftsmanship exhibited by Breguet is impeccable. If you're interested you can go to their site and request a product catalogue - it obviously shows their current offering but it details their history and manufacture in beautiful full page glossy pictures and articles.
Thanks will visit their website and request a product catalogue. Thanks :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Superb watches. The amount of history with these watches are amazing. Quality and craftsmanship and top notch. I would suggest doing some research on the brand. I'm sure you'll like what you see!
Thanks, going to do a good bit of research into them. Thought would be nice to hear of any real world experience from other owners. :)

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
They're ok
I think they're a little better than "ok". If they're not your style, that's fine, but Breguet is definitely not just an "ok" brand. The few that I've handled are built impeccably, and are finished right up there with the big 4. Oh yeah, they were worn by royalty and invented the Tourbillion just to add to that...

·
Registered
469 Posts
They're no RGM... ;-)

A buddy of mine has been debating on picking up the Tradition for a while now.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Spent some time with a major collector these were some of his thoughts:

-Top Four Brands based on heritage/brand/value/quality of craftsmanship and movement: Patek, Breguet, A. Lange & Sohne, and Vacheron

Breguet holds more patents in watchmaking than every single other brand added together
Every watch today contains a part supplied by Breguet with the exception of the current lineup from A. Lange & Sohne
Napoleon, Marie Antoinette, Winston Churchill, Etore Bugatti to name a few of Breguets best customers

The Classique models are timeless, etchings are absolutely stunning in detail and hand done. I too fell in love with the history and detail of the company and love the Classique line, found them to be absolutely stunning. I'm placing an order for a Classque Alarm "Le Reveil du Tsar" in rose gold shortly.

Most importantly, buy what speaks to you, but Breguet is unequivocally one of the very finest timepieces you can own.

·
Registered
143 Posts
As a follow-up, thought you all may find this relative given the thread.

Luxury Institute performed a study in which only penta-millionaires were included and asked to provide feedback on what they felt was the top watch brand...nearly 75% named Breguet.

Regarding things I've heard about the other 3:
Patek is certainly undeniably special for numerous reasons
A. Lange movements and craftsmanship are top notch
Vacheron was the watchmaker of the Chinese Emperors, so the wealthy Chinese have been gobbling them up in high demand

·
Registered
469 Posts
Every watch today contains a part supplied by Breguet with the exception of the current lineup from A. Lange & Sohne
What does this mean?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts