Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since most of you know I was looking for a beater car that I could have fun with and not worry about, after searching high and low and driving to see a few different cars as well as try to get someone to look at ones in different states for me I gave up, at least until something falls in my lap. So I was browsing for beaters and came across a bike I always wanted even tho I had bigger and better bikes since these came out. If I don't toss this thing on the track and keep it in good order I guarantee it will appreciate over the next 5yrs. I really would have like to snag an "R" model but there was only a 999 version for sale locally and wanted something that I can wring its neck more.

This one is an 05 so it has the best motor and nicer front end and has only 2800miles and just had the valves adjusted sparkplugs belt service, the whole 9yrds done 100miles ago. All stock except a few carbon pieces and in fantastic shape. Figured what the heck, lets do it and turn it into a trackbike that is "street legal". I was planning on ordering a 2014 Panigale R in spring when Im back up north so I can actually enjoy riding it on the street and will still do it or maby bump down to the 1199 S since I have this now. Also have to add, anyone reading about the heat on the Panigale being terrible, it isn't, this 749 is by VAST amounts worse.

So I've got all kinds of crap on order from rearsets, levers, header wrap, heat reflective gold tape.... ordering slicks on monday and going to do ohlins on the front. Trackday coming up on the 22nd and the 5th so hopefully It will be ready for next week if not 2 weeks after for certain. Also got a new GOpro so going to get some vids uploaded by Monday.

Looks like I get to spend the rest of the day cleaning and going over every bolt since my clients car at the track trans got cooked today.

Heres some snaps.....

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
That is so cool. I've been eyeing Ducatis for a few months now and the 749 is a sweet little bike. I hope you enjoy andRude safely.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, only got to run it hard up to 110 a few times this weekend but it's a fun and very willing to rev motor. Will be lots of fun on track without having the intimidating power my liter bikes had. Btw if anyone is seriously considering on make sure it was serviced as the belt/valves on these are insanely expensive if you are unable to service yourself. Otherwise, right now is the time to pick up a low mile, prestine "vintage" ducati. They are as cheap as they have ever been or will be. The clean ones will absolutely appreciate.

I would recommend this as a first bike actually. Theotor is that smooth and tame, bike is very thin and low center of gravity.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nice ride man! I learned to ride on Duc so I will always have love for them! I jumped over to an Aprilia and love it but I miss my old rubber band Duc. First bike I ever owned 96 Ducati 900SS CR. One day I will get another one I am really liking the 1199 but I cant seem to get that Stupid KTM RC8 out of my mind!

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
I guess I missed it too --^

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Last week. He was hatin' like a mofo and it was agreed by the powers that be that he should take a permanent vacation. I think it transpired in the Lexus resale value thread.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Great find! I've had both a Panigale R and a 1098R on the track, but nothing compares to some of these slightly earlier model ducs.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Wait, when did that happen? Maybe a better question, why did that happen? Guess I missed something..
Is it really a surprise to you that he was banned? I can't think of many threads where his posts weren't rude or snobbish. Also I don't think he's permabanned, just a 1 month ban

1 - 20 of 21 Posts