Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its still a little time before I go but want to make this trip to Boston a good one. Last year I did Miami flew home to Toronto and then Miami in the same week(my gf booked the trip) there wasn't much thought into what we were going to do and were left kind of just to whatever. Boston I heard a lot about its food which as a Chef I want to know where to go from the best hole in walls, to the best local faves. Parties which to go to and what are the best things to go and see also importantly where to stay so I am within reach of everything.

I am going down in June when its warm. Any help with be best

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
I may be able to help since I'm a foodie :p
north end (little Italy): good food everywhere!
south end: Picco, Toro, Acquitaine
The waterfront has alot of good sea food places to eat on the harbor
sushi: fugakiyu, douzo, basho
pinocchio in harvard sq, one of boston's most known places, was even in suits and the social network, the famous square pizza
flour bakery for amazing sandwiches and pastries
fine dining: mistral, , abe and lois, bristol at the 4 seasons, sorellina
bruch: taj hotel, asana at the mandarin oriental
paramount for the best breakfast ever
lounges: mini bar, m bar, lolitta, drink, liberty hotel lounge
clubs: rumor, venu, estate, bijou, gem, royale, cure
if you live between boston and cambridge your good since they are all close to eachother
if you want hotel recommendations let me know if you want boutique hotels or chains

hope that helped

·
Registered
812 Posts
If you're in to sight seeing at all there's always Bunker Hill and the USS Constitution. I was there early July so all of the Naval ships were coming in to port as well, it was really cool.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys and yes I do like sight seeing, we are bringing the dog with us so I expect to be doing lots of walking and that.

·
Registered
516 Posts
you should take a tour of Fenway park even if you can't get to a game the tours run every day. I used to work there and it's really cool being there when no one else is, plus the tour guides give you a lot of facts/history on the park. You can also PM me if you need anything while you are there, I would be more than happy to show you around or give you some more info or a ride/directions whatever

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'll be visiting in late February and will be keeping an eye on this thread. Hope you don't mind if I ask a question or two in your thread; I figured we'd both benefit from any info/tips.

First thing I looked up was the Bruins schedule and sadly they'll be in the road.

Sent from my 

·
Banned
1,171 Posts
Kimpton Hotels are very dog friendly. Onyx and Nine Zero are nice boutique hotels and in decent locations. The W there is new (few years) but may not be pet friendly.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thank you

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Whoever is in Boston this week, we are having a nice scenic cruise on Saturday morning from Boston to Kittery, ME. Yummies 2013. About 55 miles long total. 35 cars signed up already, including 2 r8 v10, clk63bs, m3s, amgs, 911turbos, etc.

Contact me for details.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Do yourself a favor, wake up early and drive to Walden Pond. There is a walking path that goes all the way around. If it's mid-week you might have the whole place to yourself. One of the most peaceful, beautiful walks I have ever been on. We did it in the fall so the color of the trees reflecting off the glass like surface was amazing!

IMG_1639.JPG

1 - 11 of 11 Posts