Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking into getting some speakers for my macbook that i use for both music (dub, dance, house, everythingelse) and television. After recently buying a good pair of headphones (Harman Kardon BTs) Im looking to buy som decent speakers as well. After some research i've read very good things about both the Bose companion 3 and 5. Was wondering if anyone had any review of either or anything to share? or alternate suggestions for decent speakers?

Thanks,

Judge.

·
Registered
469 Posts
i use to have the M-Audio AV 40's. They were great but i felt like they were missing something. I now have the Bose Companion 3 series. They're excellent and i would recommend them to anyone. I've been thinking about upgrading to their 5 series

·
Registered
5 Posts
Bowers and Wilkins

I've had the Bose but the Bowers and Wilkins MM1's blow them away. They have a built in DAC and sound fantastic. I use them with my MacBook Pro and couldn't be happier. Try them first.

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've had the Bose but the Bowers and Wilkins MM1's blow them away. They have a built in DAC and sound fantastic. I use them with my MacBook Pro and couldn't be happier. Try them first.
they're like 150 pounds more think, which is alot on my student budget atm aha!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Few questions to ask before recommending speakers... Do you want portability? Since you mentioned it's for MB, I was figuring you'd want a portable one that you can take with you while on the go until you mentioned the Companion 3/5

·
Registered
473 Posts
Check out Audio Engine. Honestly, I could not stop listening to music on my friend's speakers.
They are absolutely amazing.
Here you go, and I will make a purchase pretty soon. I found some on ebay with the Subwoofer, so I want a complete set.

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
I don't mind my Bose desktop speakers, more than enough for a small room. I'm not a huge audiophile but I have Klipsch s4's and Senheisser headphones if that is any gauge.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts