Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Deer Whisperer
5,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this on a motorcycle forum and even though it is about motorcycles, there are a lot of 4x4 pics in the thread. Plus the write up and the photography is Nat Geo worthy. Guy does an incredible job. The thread is 56 pages long and worth the couple of hours it will take to go through it. Remember, this was all written by a regular dude. Enjoy.
Borneo Equator Expedition

·
Deer Whisperer
5,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hate to break it to you,

re-post........
yeah, I reposted it because the guy writing the expedition thread finally finished the write up. I'd forgot I posted that originally!:lol:

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
I think i even posted it too.... maybe not on here though

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
i read this a while back and read it again now. I would love to do that one day on a bike if i have a supply truck with me.

another drop in the bucket list

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
i read this a while back and read it again now. I would love to do that one day on a bike if i have a supply truck with me.

another drop in the bucket list
I will build a jeep, you get the bike

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
we would need a few jeeps...wonder if there are places to do this in south/central america without getting kidnapped.
i got guns, i know you have guns(not arms).

2 jeep cherokees and we are good to go.

·
Deer Whisperer
5,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There are places in the states to do similar expeditions. Maybe not the mud but you can still go on expeditions out in the west that are a few days without pavement.

·
Deer Whisperer
5,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
like the ones on the mojave?
I watched one on tv the other night that was in the Utah desert around Moab. It was during the winter and it was a pretty tough run. Guys were offroad for about 4 days. I would love to do something like that.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
I watched one on tv the other night that was in the Utah desert around Moab. It was during the winter and it was a pretty tough run. Guys were offroad for about 4 days. I would love to do something like that.
those would have to be 4x4 only...people would be dying on bikes. :D

this has me looking at craiglist for cheap or lightly wrecked jeeps.

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
This is by far the coolest thing I've run into on the internet in a long time! I've been going through the pages for the past couple days and still haven't finished. Just awesome! Man I want a wrangler now!

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
This is by far the coolest thing I've run into on the internet in a long time! I've been going through the pages for the past couple days and still haven't finished. Just awesome! Man I want a wrangler now!
no, you want a fj, or a suzuki samurai!

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
no, you want a fj, or a suzuki samurai!
why do you say that?

after reading the whole expedition...the most capable vehicle (in my novice opinion was that white 4 door wrangler (the one with the fridge)

if i didnt have too many vehicles right now..i would make me a nice expedition rig out of a disco or a wrangler.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
why do you say that?

after reading the whole expedition...the most capable vehicle (in my novice opinion was that white 4 door wrangler (the one with the fridge)

if i didnt have too many vehicles right now..i would make me a nice expedition rig out of a disco or a wrangler.
wranglers are nice... but with those terrains a smaller vehicle would be better

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
I am sure there would be lots of places up here in Grizzly Bear country that you could not see people for a few weeks.

edit: I remember when Thomas posted the article originally and I didn't have time to go through it then, nor do I now as I have a final tomorrow AM, but I intend on checking it out this weekend.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts