Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Female Pilot lands a vintage B727 in Stormy Weather with 35knot Gusts.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
She put the plane down nicely for those kind of winds. @vipergts1997 Winds and Weather can have a huge effect during the most critical time of the flight which is the landing. She made it look easy, trust me. Plus that wiper noise....I would have given up as soon as those turned on. lol

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
haha --^ that wiper is fast as hell lol

·
Registered
570 Posts
just about any airline pilot out there should be able to land in conditions like that. I personally fly in bad weather many times each year. sorry but that video is not special.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Try putting a piper Arrow down in 35 knot winds with a 22 knot crosswind component!!
this in a 727 should be cake walk.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Gosh Darn! Looks like the L4P Mavericks aren't impressed.

Thread Redemption - Can you fly with no hands?

·
Deer Whisperer
5,493 Posts
If she could have landed the plane while ironing my shirt, I would have been really impressed.

·
Registered
332 Posts
IMHO, every licensed pilot should be able to land in a 36kt crosswind irrespective of the crosswind componant (in this instance 20 degrees) , and maintain the runway centerline in the process given enough rudder and aileron input. That is a basic flying skill. A Professional in a 727 MUST make it look easy, that is what they get paid to do; even in the rain.

As for Jessica Cox, I respect all that she has accomplished given her physical limitations; however, the plane she is shown flying is one of the few that does not require the use of rudder to maintain "normal" roll, pitch and yaw flight charactoristics in all phases of flight. The design of the flight controls also make it possible for her to fly. A plane with a different yoke design or stick and a different throttle quadrant that has more levers and or vernier control would not allow her to make the required inputs I suspect.

And yes, WE L4P Marvericks are are hard to impress, as it should be. Double the wind speed, double the 20 degrees to 40 degrees and then make the wind gusty and then we can talk about being impressed. The afore mentioned is not atypical at many airports where GA pilots fly every day.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts