Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
7,271 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
What!?!?!! Only 4 PSI? Crazy, is the car complete and rolling now?

·
Banned
3,661 Posts
looks sick!

·
Registered
4,577 Posts
That's just ridiculous, it barely even sounds like it's trying and it still makes 900whp. Can't wait to see what happens at 20 psi...
:whistle:

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^ That's such a BS article, there isn't enough turbo there to make 2k hp at 12 psi... UR had boost up in the 30's using similar turbos and never cracked near 2k.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
The new shots are sinister.

^ That's such a BS article, there isn't enough turbo there to make 2k hp at 12 psi... UR had boost up in the 30's using similar turbos and never cracked near 2k.
They are probably talking 2000HP to the motor, assume 15% drivetrain loss and you're talking 1700 to the tires. However it is up for debate if drivetrain loss is linear or static based on the setup (I tend to think the latter), but for this case, we'll assume the former. Either way, no way is it happening at 12psi. I don't think it will take 30psi, that's a big motor where the UGR Lambo's have less displacement, 30psi on their motor may be 25 on this.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The new shots are sinister.

They are probably talking 2000HP to the motor, assume 15% drivetrain loss and you're talking 1700 to the tires. However it is up for debate if drivetrain loss is linear or static based on the setup (I tend to think the latter), but for this case, we'll assume the former. Either way, no way is it happening at 12psi. I don't think it will take 30psi, that's a big motor where the UGR Lambo's have less displacement, 30psi on their motor may be 25 on this.
Well there are a lot of things you're not considering.

488 or 510 is irrelevant for the most part.

Head flow is where the power is made, CI just puts it in a given RPM range. This car has modified stock heads, not even GTS-R or Stryker castings, so it's behind from the start.

It's using a T4 turbo, that alone tells me with 100% accuracy that they won't make 2k to the motor. There isn't a T4 turbo alive that will make 1k hp each on a viper motor (volume vs psi). These things LOVE small T6's with a high volume compressor. I can't give it all away but just go with me on this. I've done everything from a 62mm/0.96, up to a 1.32 T6/88mm, and with the proper setup you just need MASS flow here. Those puny T4's just have too much backpressure to make that kind of power in this motor.

RPM - Hp is a function of torque over rpm, and this thing isn't turning over 6500, so there is no way they are making anything over 1200 to the ground with those turbos.

At any rate it's no slouch, but not even in the same ballpark as a 2k hp car.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Well there are a lot of things you're not considering.

488 or 510 is irrelevant for the most part.

Head flow is where the power is made, CI just puts it in a given RPM range. This car has modified stock heads, not even GTS-R or Stryker castings, so it's behind from the start.

It's using a T4 turbo, that alone tells me with 100% accuracy that they won't make 2k to the motor. There isn't a T4 turbo alive that will make 1k hp each on a viper motor (volume vs psi). These things LOVE small T6's with a high volume compressor. I can't give it all away but just go with me on this. I've done everything from a 62mm/0.96, up to a 1.32 T6/88mm, and with the proper setup you just need MASS flow here. Those puny T4's just have too much backpressure to make that kind of power in this motor.

RPM - Hp is a function of torque over rpm, and this thing isn't turning over 6500, so there is no way they are making anything over 1200 to the ground with those turbos.

At any rate it's no slouch, but not even in the same ballpark as a 2k hp car.
I'm with you on the latter, I honestly don't know the whole setup on that car, all I was saying is that I don't think it need 30psi.

My only argument is that CI is very important when it comes to boost. You're looking at 317ci Gallardo V10 vs. a 488ci V10. 30psi on a 317 then basically increasing size to a 488, all else remaining the same, the 488 would show 19.4psi (317/488 * 30). Where 30psi on the Viper 488 would show 19.4psi on the 317ci Gallardo V10 (30/488 * 317). Obviously this is just a rough comparison and there are more variables, but all things constant this would say that the 2000HP Gallardo making that power on 30psi, if the motor was increased to a 488 it would make the same power on 19.4psi. It's the whole blowing air through a straw to blowing air through a fire hose. Boost is simply a measure of restriction.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm with you on the latter, I honestly don't know the whole setup on that car, all I was saying is that I don't think it need 30psi.

My only argument is that CI is very important when it comes to boost. You're looking at 317ci Gallardo V10 vs. a 488ci V10. 30psi on a 317 then basically increasing size to a 488, all else remaining the same, the 488 would show 19.4psi (317/488 * 30). Where 30psi on the Viper 488 would show 19.4psi on the 317ci Gallardo V10 (30/488 * 317). Obviously this is just a rough comparison and there are more variables, but all things constant this would say that the 2000HP Gallardo making that power on 30psi, if the motor was increased to a 488 it would make the same power on 19.4psi. It's the whole blowing air through a straw to blowing air through a fire hose. Boost is simply a measure of restriction.
There are so many variables here (cam, head flow, etc) to take into account that you absolutely can not compare two different motors like that.

The G is a 4 valve head that alone probably outflows the viper despite it being a smaller CI.

Also the HP of the gallardo would only translate to the viper, if the viper was turning 9k+ rpm as well, which they do not.

This is why they rate turbos on LB/Min airflow and give you an efficiency chart, that is the unequivocal litmus test of HP potential.

Do you want to think about one statement for a minute: "Where 30psi on the Viper 488 would show 19.4psi on the 317ci Gallardo"

All things aside, that is just laughable.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Either way car is insane, however comparing this to a UGR car is silly in my opinion in the fact that this thing is clearly an insane stripped down race car (which i do love) and the UGR G's are full weight full interior cars that guys like Jonah, SW, and Kyle drive on the street almost daily to and from work on pumpgas. I remember reading somewhere that kyle commented his G's current street tune was making 1300whp on pump gas and he was driving it around daily that way with no problems. Bet you couldnt do that with this.

Sick car none the less not trying to take away from it, just dont think its in the same class as a UGR lambo.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
There are so many variables here (cam, head flow, etc) to take into account that you absolutely can not compare two different motors like that.

The G is a 4 valve head that alone probably outflows the viper despite it being a smaller CI.

Also the HP of the gallardo would only translate to the viper, if the viper was turning 9k+ rpm as well, which they do not.

This is why they rate turbos on LB/Min airflow and give you an efficiency chart, that is the unequivocal litmus test of HP potential.

Do you want to think about one statement for a minute: "Where 30psi on the Viper 488 would show 19.4psi on the 317ci Gallardo"

All things aside, that is just laughable.
It was primitive math to say the least, my only point was all things being equal on the setup except for a change in CI, boost would be inversely affected. No more, no less. I only put a Gallardo because you brought it up, I was trying to compare a 317 to a 488 in regards to constant CFM flow from the turbos. Of course exhaust flow, scavenging etc. affects, it, again, primitive math. I'm pretty sure we're on the same page, just missing the point between one another.

Either way, sick car, and inadequate setup for 2k to the tires.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts