Luxury4Play.com banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,966 Posts
How fast do you already need to go in an SUV? That's why I also own a Lamborghini...

I think this is a keeper in the Quote department! Nice answer Elie. I think you should put this one in your signature on here. :clap:

·
Registered
661 Posts
I drove the I6 turbo version and it handles quite well. That with a DINAN chip will put out close to 400hp for much less $$

I do love the V8TT though. I don't know if its a common thing, but a friend of mine's has been in the shop for 2 months back and forth consistently.

They are giving him a credit to replace the car.

·
Gold Sponsor
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Well after much deliberating and test drives today the winner is V8 400hp Twin Turbo. This SAV is AMAZING! I did 135mph on the test drive! Now starts the $ negotiating...

·
Registered
40 Posts
wait for the X6 M if possible. I saw it testing in South Carolina, and let me tell you, it is an AMAZING SUV!!

·
Gold Sponsor
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Today is the day...My new BMW X6 twin turbo V8 is being delivered to my house at 10:00 Thank you to everyone that assisted me in making my decision. I want to recommend Daniel Fox from Nick Alexander BMW in Downtown L.A. (323-583-1901) to anyone that wants to purchase or lease a BMW. This guy is extremely professional and gets straight to the bottom line! His business card title says it all " Private Client Services"

I feel that I made the correct one and will post pics as we start customizing it! GFG Wheels here we come...

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Today is the day...My new BMW X6 twin turbo V8 is being delivered to my house at 10:00 Thank you to everyone that assisted me in making my decision. I want to recommend Daniel Fox from Nick Alexander BMW in Downtown L.A. (323-583-1901) to anyone that wants to purchase or lease a BMW. This guy is extremely professional and gets straight to the bottom line! His business card title says it all " Private Client Services"

I feel that I made the correct one and will post pics as we start customizing it! GFG Wheels here we come...
Can you please PM me the deal you got on it (if it's a lease)? I have a friend ready to pull the trigger on one here in NorCal and just want to make sure he's getting the best deal possible.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts

Congrats! I really love the styling of the X6, very dynamic! Let us know how you like your engine choice! I've heard the V8TT is a serious brute!
:thumb:

·
Registered
855 Posts

Congrats. Which GFG wheels and what finish/size?

·
Gold Sponsor
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Congrats. Which GFG wheels and what finish/size?
Well here is my next dilema...21" or 22" wheels. If I go 21" then I can purchase the Dunlop run flat tires that BMW offers. If I go 22" then Pirelli makes the proper sizes but since there is no spare for the BMW if something goes wrong I will need to rely on roadside service.

I have deiced on GFG forged 3-piece Newport wheels with a matte black lip, gloss black center with machined lines and flange. But...21" or 22"?

By the way the truck is Jet Black.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
i would go with 21", since this is your DD, the RFTs arent exactly the best performers, but they are pretty smooth and comfortable, after all, you do have a lamborghini for the fun times, plus if you get a flat in a regular tire, you have to get a flat bed

·
Registered
855 Posts
Well here is my next dilema...21" or 22" wheels. If I go 21" then I can purchase the Dunlop run flat tires that BMW offers. If I go 22" then Pirelli makes the proper sizes but since there is no spare for the BMW if something goes wrong I will need to rely on roadside service.

I have deiced on GFG forged 3-piece Newport wheels with a matte black lip, gloss black center with machined lines and flange. But...21" or 22"?

By the way the truck is Jet Black.
Do you have pictures of X6s with the two sizes? I have only seen one on wheels when they first came out, but his fitments looked horrible. Those wheels are clean.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Ok, these are 22s...

Judging by these pics, I would say go with the 22. A 21 could look alright if it was all black with a thicker tire, but with those GFG's, I would do a 22.

·
Registered
1 Posts
eff what people say man, you like it, you like it..

Personally i work on these everyday and I wouldnt Own a 6cyl one...

that V8 is just flat out a Mean truck and the motor is more dependable...

I work for BMW, Service Tech if you have any questions shoot me a PM and i'll answer any questions you have*
NOw a few years later. Do you still feel the same way about the V8? Looking at my options and ran across your comment. Thx.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts