Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Gold Sponsor
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I need to get a new daily driver. I am considering the BMW X6. Any advice out there? If you think that I should get one which model is better? They both are twin turbo.

·
Registered
4,622 Posts
Hello everyone,

I need to get a new daily driver. I am considering the BMW X6. Any advice out there? If you think that I should get one which model is better? They both are twin turbo.
depends what your other car is:) if it's a daily the 6 will suffice

·
Registered
993 Posts
eff what people say man, you like it, you like it..

Personally i work on these everyday and I wouldnt Own a 6cyl one...

that V8 is just flat out a Mean truck and the motor is more dependable...

*I work for BMW, Service Tech* if you have any questions shoot me a PM and i'll answer any questions you have*

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
eff what people say man, you like it, you like it..

Personally i work on these everyday and I wouldnt Own a 6cyl one...

that V8 is just flat out a Mean truck and the motor is more dependable...

*I work for BMW, Service Tech* if you have any questions shoot me a PM and i'll answer any questions you have*

What fails on the I6 that makes the V8 more dependable? Besides the failing fuel pump... :eek:

I love the X6, i say go for it and if you can swing the V8 then go for that. Its a beast!

·
Gold Sponsor
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
depends what your other car is:) if it's a daily the 6 will suffice
For the last six years my daily driver has been a full size Range Rover HSE. I have owned two of them and my most recent lease is ending next week. I have been happy with the non supercharged version and that is why I am considering the V6. I did test drive the V8 two days ago and was very impressed. This Saturday I will test drive the V6 and compare. How fast do you already need to go in an SUV? That's why I also own a Lamborghini...

·
Registered
993 Posts
The I6 has the Fuel pump, Fuel Sensor problem and Intake leaks.... Not a fan of that N54 Twin Turbo I6, and in a Large Truck it feels Under powered

V8 all the way :)

·
L4P Moderator
4,794 Posts
do it! i've been eying the x6 v8 for some time now, i think it's a badass looking SUV especially in white. so i say go for it.

·
Registered
738 Posts
x6 is one of my new favorite suv's... just different.

·
Gold Sponsor
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
V8TT is a beast! Lease deals on them are CRAZY right now. $1k/month with almost 0 driveoff...
Who has that deal? The quotes that I am getting are nowhere near that with 0.00 drive off. More like $5K drive off? Any recommendations?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Get it. There is a difference in the handling between the 6 and the 8. The 8 is a much heavier engine. I recommend test driving both of them. The 8 however is a wonderful motor, but the 6 is so smooth, although it does have problems. If you have a lead foot the 8 is the obvious choice. Test drive them! Just make sure to get the sport package. It is a wonderful SUV that thinks its a five series.

·
Gold Sponsor
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you for your recommendations. I am going to Beverly Hills BMW this afternoon to test drive both.

·
Super Moderator
9,061 Posts
V8...why not?

If you get the V6 you might be saying this later...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts